Challenging Restore/Unlock/Jailbreak

Joman#IM

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here is what we got.

Just bought an iPhone 3Gs with 4.1 and 05.14.02. I need to do two things. First, I need to restore the phone back to an original state with 4.1 and all the crap this guy has on it removed. Next I would like to unlock the phone so I can use it on a carrier here in this shi* hole country I happen to be stuck in for the moment.

So, knowing how much everyone hates noobs, I have exhausted the little knowledge I have on the subject and this is my conclusion so far.

1.) iTunes will not let me shift-click a firmware update. It says 'extracting software' and then goes into 'verifying update with Apple' or something like that. When it tries to make contact with the server, it cant and stops.

2.) I don't really know if I need/want to do this anyway. For what I can tell there currently is no unlock for 5.14.02 and seemingly wont be for a while. I know there is talk about upgrading to the 6.15.00 and then downgrading back to an older baseband. However, it seems this is reliant on if your phone has some super rare somethingorother in it.

Basically, I would like a clean slate iPhone 3Gs to Jailbreak and Unlock myself (so I can learn a little something and stop posting in forums) but I do not know how to get there.

Any ideas? And thanks in advance for the help.

Challenging Unlock/Jailbreak

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2