Battery Drains after using Greenpoison on iPhone 4.

NickyFox

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have recently jailbroken my phone using the new greenpois0n 4.2.1 jailbreak and now my battery does not even last a full day. I usually have very little running in the background and i don't have much installed on cydia. Does anyone else share this issue and if so do you know how it can be fixed? I really love the jailbreak but it seems useless to me if everything I do on my phone now just drains the battery.

Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Try this next time you're going to charge the phone clear all your running apps out of the app switcher. Then plug it in and after power it off and leave it charging for 4-6 hours. Then use it as normal and see how your battery life is. If that doesn't work redo the JB. Usually I would say the JB doesn't affect battery life, I've never experienced the problem in three years until recently. My JB on my iPad was fine and then the battery was draining quick. So I didn't waste any time I just reloaded the firmware and re-JB it was fine after.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You will get mixed reviews on this question. Some say no and other says yes. My standby battery life wasn't so great with greepois0n.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hello, I have recently jailbroken my phone using the new greenpois0n 4.2.1 jailbreak and now my battery does not even last a full day. I usually have very little running in the background and i don't have much installed on cydia. Does anyone else share this issue and if so do you know how it can be fixed? I really love the jailbreak but it seems useless to me if everything I do on my phone now just drains the battery.

Thanks

the jailbreak itself will not/cannot cause battery drain.. it's what you put on the device afterwards

there will most definitely be some micro-managing involved, its the nature of the beast. be aware of what you're putting on your device

if this is something that you feel you cannot or will not want to do then my suggestion would be restoring as new and going back to stock

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
mine been off a full charge with a whole 10mins usage and 2 mins talking and over 3hrs stand by and im still at 100% battery.

itamar100

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
a lot of battery drain!

PLEASE HELP!
hi, I jailbroke my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.1 with greenpois0n rc6 final.
for the first 2 weeks it was excellent and then I started realising huge amounts of battery drain... I mean huge! my iPhone will last a maximum of 2 hours with 3G of and push notifications off! I repeatedly close my aps that are running in the background and it only helps in terms of lag (which I only have using certain winterboard themes. I tried a dfu restore and my battery drain was fixed... until I rejailbroke my phone and then it all started again. the only apps that I have that use up RAM are winterboard and perpage HTML but even after disabling them my battery drains. I tried a hard reset and it didn't help
I really don't want to unjailbreak my iPhone because after the dfu restore I realised that without some of the tweaks like winterboard and sbsettings I was beginning to go crazy!
PLEASE HELP!

estorm09

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow are you in a bad signal area? Ive been jailbroken since the release of the VIP and only once did I have a bad drain. I was in an area where my phone keep searching for 3G signal it went from 90% to 30% in three hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox