Changing Lock Background on iOS 4.2.1

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this has been mentioned here, but it seems that 4.2.1 made it more difficult to change your lock backgrounds with the native method when using themes? (I'm on 4.1, so can't test that out.) At any rate, I've been reading about people who, every time they want to change their wallpaper, need to SSH the new file into their theme.

If that's the case, you might try Wallpaper JPEGifier, a new tweak that makes it easier to replace your LS wallpaper on the go. If anyone on 4.2.1 is having that issue, let us know if this helps!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Instead I find it WAYYYYYYY easier to just disable the Wallpaper and lockscreen for every theme. This way you will have the theme but use your own lockscreen and wallpaper changing it how you would normally. The wallpaper and lockscreen are in the base of the theme file and called Wallpaper.png and LockBackground.png You can simply rename them adding a 1 infront or at the end of the name and respring. So the best part is you can rename through SSH or even on the device itself via iFile.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you just change the image name on 4.2.1, or do you also have to edit the HTML and/or CSS in the theme?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I didn't even think of those types of lockscreen. I will test it out with typophone on my iPad. I beleive you can just change the name though.

Update you only have to rename the html file.

So for anyone with a live lockscreen, weather, clock, etc that pulls info from the web just rename the html file LockBackground.html

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW