Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default how to restore my iphone 2g from recovery mode

Hi everyone

I got an iphone 2g unlocked and jailbreaked, running firmware 3.1.3. I tried to upgrade but after restoring it from the latest itunes, it stuck in recovery mode. asking me to put the original simcard or a replacement. I used redsn0w or pwnage. nothing happened. Can someone help me please!
    iPhone Nanite

5 Posts

Hello, try restoring to an earlier firmware. Boot neuter should keep your unlock. You can visit the iclarified website, they have a lot of info on that.
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

If you need to have it unlocked why would you upgrade to the latest firmware from iTunes? the baseband is not unlockable so next time you should research it first. If it's a 2G you don't need to use Bootneuter the baseband wont upgrade I have one I know from experience. You mention using pwnage tool so just cook up a custom 3.1.3 ipsw and put the iPhone into DFU mode. Then open iTunes and hold Option + Restore and point to the ipsw. When you're making the ipsw remember to click Activate Phone this will allow it to activate with a different SIM. You can find the instructions to unlock on the iClarified site mentioned.