Greenpois0n RC6 for ios 4.2.6 and Battery Life

cp9102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having battery problems with the Greenpois0n RC6 jailbreak? I've read several other posts regarding older releases of Greenpois0n causing significant and mysterious battery drain, but what about with the most recent version, RC6? I am slowing convincing myself to jailbreak my Verizon iPhone (ios 4.2.6) but absolutely will not do so at the expense of crappy battery life.

cp9102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm still curious about this, but the MOD's can close this if they'd like, as i've decided to UN-jailbreak my phone and restore back to original. The jailbreak went fine, i just did not see that many Cydia apps that i had to have. I don't use my phone a ton and am not particularly interested in Themes as that'll most likely just lead to slow downs in performance, etc.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
My battery life jailbroken is the same. I get pretty good battery life and I run full themes and a full rack of jailbroken apps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak is not for everyone, it's a personal choice. I personally prefer to be able to customize my phone so that I like how it sounds, looks and all the cool things I can do with it. It all depends on the individual, if you text alot then you could have tried BiteSMS, if you like to see all your info at a glance then there's LockInfo, if you want to use the dataplan on your phone to hook up to your laptop, etc there's MiWi. So it all depends on how you use your phone and what you want to get out of it. The Jailbreak generally doesn't affect battery life it's what you install and use that does. I have been JBen for three years straight out of necessity and I had perfect battery life just like any other iPhones my friends used.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
very good point, Ricky! :D

in fact i tweeted the Man himself, @Comex, today.. asking if the jailbreak itself could cause battery drain(s) (shocked he replied, really)

the answer was/is "No". now i will most definitely believe him over any thread where someone is crying because their iDevice "just doesnt have the battery performance it used to" and blame it all on the jailbreak..

people just need to take notice to what they are putting on their device and start putting the blame elsewhere

cp9102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I did like a few of the tweaks that jailbreaking provided and may very well do it again, but will wait till ios 4.3 comes out for Verizon. I think it's the fear of causing my phone to become bogged down with themes, etc. making it run slow that made me go back and un-jailbreak. Every phone i've had i've tweaked and themed and they all seemed to run much slower, and i hate the idea of a slow sluggish iphone.