IP4 not charging all the way to 100%

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone ever had this issue where you charge your phone over night and it only charges up to 98% or 99%? Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this..? Thanks in advanced guys.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There was a thread a while back about this ... the OP was talking about possible issue with AlarmClockPro ... don't recall the outcome ... will search for it ...

UPDATE:

Here's that thread:

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-apps-games-forum/207197-alarm-clock-apps-charging.html

Apparently I didn't remember the outcome because there was none ... questions asked, but no definitive answer ... sorry for the "false start".

Last edited:
Reactions: frozinwater

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh boy did I have this issue before, two things I did helped but never fixed the problem. You'll actually notice if you unplug the device when you get up and then plug it back in it will go to 100% really quickly. You could also either turn your device in Airplane Mode or before you go to sleep reboot it. This sort of helped but never really cured my problem. What I finally figured out is that I had an app that I had since firmware 1.x and I had always kept it on my phone even though it never got updated. So I removed the app and the problem was gone but I also did the following things. I uninstalled all apps and media from the device, rebooted. I then installed all my needed apps leaving off really old ones and then rebooted. Then I put all the media back on, sorry for all the things but you can give it all a try and let me know what helps.

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but I still seem to be having this problem. Now it charges up to 100% but as soon as I take it off the charger it drops to 98-99%? I can't figure out what is causing this :(

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys leave wifi on while sleeping? If I leave mine on, my battery may be 92 to 98% when I wake up. If I leave it off, its at 100%. My wifes does the same

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I leave wifi on, but I always have, even since the IP 3G and I never had this problem until recently.

Its worth a try though. It doesnt hurt. Whats happens is once the iPhone is fully charged, the iPhone stops charging even though its on the wall charger. Wifi has been proven to drain the battery faster on wifi than regular cell service. Thus, why my both iPhones in my house will not be at a 100% when we take off the charger if wifi is left on.

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Its worth a try though. It doesnt hurt. Whats happens is once the iPhone is fully charged, the iPhone stops charging even though its on the wall charger. Wifi has been proven to drain the battery faster on wifi than regular cell service. Thus, why my both iPhones in my house will not be at a 100% when we take off the charger if wifi is left on.

The thing is mine shows 100% and then once I take it off, it drops down to 98-99%, can that be attributed to the wifi? That's hard for me to believe, not trying to offend you. I just think my issue may be coming from another source. I really appreciate your assistance.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The thing is mine shows 100% and then once I take it off, it drops down to 98-99%, can that be attributed to the wifi? That's hard for me to believe, not trying to offend you. I just think my issue may be coming from another source. I really appreciate your assistance.

It may or may not be. Im just trying to offer a possible solution. It may not help. But you did ask for help. The more solutions people offer you, the better. If you do find the issue and or solution, let us know.

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
It may or may not be. Im just trying to offer a possible solution. It may not help. But you did ask for help. The more solutions people offer you, the better. If you do find the issue and or solution, let us know.

Will do. I hope I didn't offend you. I tried to gear the response along the lines of do you possibly know any other reason why this maybe happening, particular to my circumstance. Thank you so much, and if I do find a solution, I most definitely will let the forum know.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Will do. I hope I didn't offend you. I tried to gear the response along the lines of do you possibly know any other reason why this maybe happening, particular to my circumstance. Thank you so much, and if I do find a solution, I most definitely will let the forum know.

No offense taken. And I may not be right and I'm not a expert either. Im just giving a suggestion. At least try it that for one night. If it doesnt work, no harm done.

Also, since Im tryping this I cant see your original post to see what you may or may have not done. Have you done a restore? If you didnt, you may want to try that.

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
No offense taken. And I may not be right and I'm not a expert either. Im just giving a suggestion. At least try it that for one night. If it doesnt work, no harm done.

Also, since Im tryping this I cant see your original post to see what you may or may have not done. Have you done a restore? If you didnt, you may want to try that.

I tried removing all my media and hard resetting and that worked for a little bit and the issue came back. I wanted to refrain from restoring, because it is a bit tedious, but if I have to, I will. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox