jailbreak keeps failing, plz help

jbad77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
i have ios 4.2.6 and downloaded the right app, i've tried 30-40 times and it just wont go, i get DFU mode and hit the jaibreak button and it makes the connect/disconnect noise, the progress bar gets to the end, then the apple logo shows up on the phone and tells me jailbreak failed, i have read all the posts and tried everything, from holding the home button for differnt lengths when it starts trying to jailbreak it to holding it all the way thru and not letting go, if anyone could PLZ give me some idea it would be greatly apprieciated

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Are you on a Mac or PC?

You're using GreenPois0n I assume? If you're on a PC have to set GreenPois0n to use XP Compatibility Mode?

Note: I posted this in your other thread, but please don't repost in different forums. It will get moved if in the wrong forum.

jbad77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
i am using windows, running xp media edition, and yes trying to use greenpois0n, what im really after is to unlock the personal hotspot, is there anouther way to do it? i posted twice cause i didnt think the other place was the correct place to post it, tnx for any help u can give

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would advise you to download the Greenpois0n(GP) file again. If you're doing this at home and your computer is connected by Wifi I would say connect you computer directly to the cable coming out of your modem or a cable out of your router for the process. I had problems at work and my thought was it had something to do with the firewall.

Reactions: jbad77

jbad77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I would advise you to download the Greenpois0n(GP) file again. If you're doing this at home and your computer is connected by Wifi I would say connect you computer directly to the cable coming out of your modem or a cable out of your router for the process. I had problems at work and my thought was it had something to do with the firewall.

that could be a good possibilty, im at work, i'll try it when i get home, tnx

and yes i am updated to the most current version of itumes, do you think updating to 4.3.0 might help? and once greenpois0n is downloaded do i even need an internet connection to do this or do you think a possible firewall is messing up the download? is there anouther way to unlock the personal hotspot or untether it i guess

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Updating to 4.3?? if you mean firmware although I didn't think it was released then no don't upgrade to 4.3 I do believe you will need an internet connection while you're doing it and try it from home you might find like me it was no problem at all from home.

jbad77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
i'll give it a try when i get home, unfortunitly i wont be home for 5 days :( so it will have to wait, is there any other way to untether it, thats the only thing im really after right now

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a computer? are you on Windows or a Mac? if Windows PM me I could make you custom firmware in pwnage tool so that you could restore your phone. This will wipe your phone so make sure you back it up before you do it so you can restore. I don't answer my PMs fast so it might be a bit. You can also add me on Twitter and ask me there too.

Reactions: jbad77

jbad77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
what do you mean wipe my phone? will i still have to use greenpois0n to untether it? sry i cant pm u till i have 15 posts

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Add me on twitter then, no your phone will be JBen on 4.2 after you do a restore with the custom firmware I will make for you. All you will have to do is put your phone into recovery mode and restore with the custom firmware I send you. It will wipe yoir phone because it's reloading the firmware so do a backup before.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2