Does your iPhone work slower since jailbroken?

Did jailbreaking you iPhone make your iPhone slower?

• Yes, significantly

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Yes, slightly

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • No, not really

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke my iPod Touch and i'm waiting to get my iPhone and don't know whether to jailbreak it or not, however, i do not want to jailbreak my iPhone if the jailbreak, and it's apps, slow down the phone. When i jailbroke my iPod Touch, it made it a little slower. Lets hear from people who jailbroke their iPhones and what they think. Say whether you're on AT&T or Verizon and a reason for what you voted for

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Works as normal. Better than stock, since I can edit things like making the incoming mail sound louder and disabling the multitasking =}

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
typically the jailbreak itself will not "slow" down any iDevice.. it's the crap we put on them that may hinder performance..

that being said, mine is tweaked very well

where i live my coverage OWNS all. at&t iPhone 4, wouldn't have it any other way

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
typically the jailbreak itself will not "slow" down any iDevice.. it's the crap we put on them that may hinder performance..

that being said, mine is tweaked very well

where i live my coverage OWNS all. at&t iPhone 4, wouldn't have it any other way

Exactly! I live in Canada, we didn't get the iPhone until the 3G. I wasn't about to wait for a year so all of my iPhones have been JBen since 2007. I mean not one day not JBen. The thing is that I'm not a hardcore app user so I did themes to customize my phone but beyond that I used maybe 5 or 6 aps for functions I needed. So it is what you do with the JB not the JB itself.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for all your input thus far! Keep them coming! the only thing i wish is that the people who said that it did make their phone slower, state what they downloaded and what they think made it slower.

Grimlock_IM

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I used to pirate software when I had my 3GS, and it slowed my phone down to a crawl. I went legit when I bought my iPhone 4. Since my phone has been clean of cracked software, there has been no slowdown whatsoever.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Mine seems to slow down occasionally after jailbreaking, but like others have mentioned I think it's an app I installed. I installed three new apps yesterday, so I'm gonna do some playing around to find out which app it is.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
i haven't JBed my i4, but the 3 versions before, JB did slow it down. everyone i know personally who have JBed experienced the same.

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything on my iPod Touch 4, but there was a decrease in my iPod Touch 2 because it's not supposed to support multitasking or wallpapers :p

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 4 was definitely slow after 4.2.1 jb with greenpois0n v5. Last night I ran greenpois0n v6.1 directly on top of it and for some unknown reason, the speed is now back to normal without the lags that I had been having.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I just searched Cydia for FakeClockUp because I've heard it mentioned so much that I wanted to see what it does.

I couldn't find it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tibbi64

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here an app I downloaded is slowing my phone down and sometimes it freezes when I end a call. Not sure if I should remove apps one by one or just start over.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73