no sources in cydia

joeshan99

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I just Jailbroke my Wife's ATT IP4 with GreenPoison. Cydia dosnt show any sources or packages. I was able to download Winterboard and bitesms but thats it. It tells me the source cant be found on everything else and under sections it just says all sections but is empty. P:confused:lease help.

joeshan99

May 24, 2010
Visit site
no and i was able to install bitesms and winterboard. cydia loads and looks normal until you click on manage or changes. Then its just blank.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You just did it so I say restore and redo the JB. This time don't get rid of the loader until you know Cydia is running properly.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
maybe try re-running greenpois0n right on top of the existing..

make sure to hold the home button all the way up until you see the Apple logo.. but no further, otherwise it will go into recovery mode

that should put the loader back on and hopefully let you reload Cydia

joeshan99

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Im going to try and just rejailbreak the phone. A friend told me not to restore it first just run GreenPosion over the again. He normally has great info but this sounded wierd. Do I need to restore first or not? Thanks guys

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Im going to try and just rejailbreak the phone. A friend told me not to restore it first just run GreenPosion over the again. He normally has great info but this sounded wierd. Do I need to restore first or not? Thanks guys

Yes. not only restore but Restore as New, not from a backup, this way you eliminate a chance of reloading a bug. then jailbreak and make sure all goes well..

..add photos, music etc.. after that

FraBu

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same Problem, when I jailbroke my iPod touch 3G iOS 4.2.1 with greenpois0n and installed cydia with the loader app, there where no sources and I could not add any new ones eighter.

What fixed the problem was:
Needed:
greenpois0n rc6.1
redsn0w 0.9.6b4
iOS 4.2.1 .ipsw
Steps:
1. I restored my iDevice (to uninstall cydia)
2. I jailbroke it using greenpois0n rc6.1
3. I used greenpois0n to get my iDevice in DFU-Mode
4. Then I rejailbroke it using redsn0w 0.9.6b4 and selecting only "Install Cydia"

That' s it now it works! untethered!

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Today I decided to use an old iPhone 3G to jbreak for the first time, and same thing happened to me. I was using redsn0w. Tomorrow I'll try whited00r. Keep us updated if you solve the problem. (Ill do the same)

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It means that you've exceeded the amount of source files allowed. Tried deleting one of your repo and it should correct problem.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. I even reinstalled and problem remained same.
Solution is go to Changes and click on Refresh. Problem solved

The problem they experienced two years ago is unlikely the same problem you're experiencing today even if the symptoms appear similar.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711