Sliders, and not the kind you eat

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have changed my slider . . . but I've not liked any i've tried so far.

I am looking for something slick (maybe silver) and slimmer/smaller than the stock slider.

Suggestions? Show me YOUR slider!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have used the Clear Rain slider from this theme in the past. looks pretty slick

you'll have to DL the theme and then ssh into it, copy and paste it into your theme.. assuming you're on iOS 4.xx

check out the screenshot!

Clear Rain for iOS 4

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
look in the lockscreen thread I customized the stock slider. My phone's name is Beta so I made the slider transparent with a Beta symbol. If you're too lazy I'll post a screenshot tomorrow from my computer. I'm also going to do a new one tomorrow with a bullet flying through the air.

ARSkemp

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Revolte HD Slider.

Here's another example with the old wallpaper i was using.

edit:
Also, if you are looking for something with silver, this (slider only) is from the Elite Pro HD (The full theme can be found on Cydia, I purchased it but do not remember how much it was).

Last edited:

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Search for N3 slim slider. It's my favorite by far.

From the screenshots, it is exactly what I am looking for, however I cannot seem to get it to work on my Verizon iPhone. Am I missing something? (it shows in Winterboard, but makes no changes to the slider, just removes the text)

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
From the screenshots, it is exactly what I am looking for, however I cannot seem to get it to work on my Verizon iPhone. Am I missing something? (it shows in Winterboard, but makes no changes to the slider, just removes the text)[/QUOTE

I'm on AT&T, but I'm not sure if it matters. However, it only works for me if it's at the very top of the list in Winterboard. Also, I think it comes with a few versions. The N3 is the one I use.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
From the screenshots, it is exactly what I am looking for, however I cannot seem to get it to work on my Verizon iPhone. Am I missing something? (it shows in Winterboard, but makes no changes to the slider, just removes the text)[/QUOTE

I'm on AT&T, but I'm not sure if it matters. However, it only works for me if it's at the very top of the list in Winterboard. Also, I think it comes with a few versions. The N3 is the one I use.

Since Winterboard applies the themes "top down" (or is it "bottom up"?), it should be at the top of the list. Any other theme that's installed could have a slider in it which would override the effects of N3 (or any slider NOT ahead if it in the list).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is the reason I combine as much as I can into one theme. This way I never have to worry about moving them around in the list blah blah blah.

img0211u.png

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Slider Tutorial/Help?

Just wondering if anyone is aware of a location on TiPb (or anywhere) that I could learn how to apply a slider? I have WinterBoard, downloaded a Coke can slider from Cydia, moved it up the list but it does not show. Is there more to it? Have I missed a step or two?

Thanks,
Duane

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is aware of a location on TiPb (or anywhere) that I could learn how to apply a slider? I have WinterBoard, downloaded a Coke can slider from Cydia, moved it up the list but it does not show. Is there more to it? Have I missed a step or two?

Thanks,
Duane

I had no issues with the other winter board sliders I tried...of course it's because I REALLY want it.

There is nothing above it.

So frustrated right now.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Thanks,
Duane

How many themes do you have active? Try searching for my username I've put the link to a site that tells you how to create themes too many times. Once you know the files you can move out any sliders from other themes you have activated so that th coke sliders are the only ones that will be used.

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

So I looked at the files on my phone last night...and the theme is not made for the iPhone 4. The graphics are named wrong. I found a lock theme I like, so I am using it for now. I may rename the graphics on that slider at some point. :rolleyes:

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
How many themes do you have active? Try searching for my username I've put the link to a site that tells you how to create themes too many times. Once you know the files you can move out any sliders from other themes you have activated so that th coke sliders are the only ones that will be used.

Thanks. I had a feeling I would have to edit some system files, I thought when you download the theme it automatically swapped it for the new one. What app do you recommend for editing system files? I seen iFile but it seems a bit pricey for how often I would use it, is there a free app?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I had a feeling I would have to edit some system files, I thought when you download the theme it automatically swapped it for the new one. What app do you recommend for editing system files? I seen iFile but it seems a bit pricey for how often I would use it, is there a free app?

I like iPhone Explorer like Busy Me said but on the Mac side on iOS 4 it doesn't show the file system properly. So I SSH into the phone. I use Cyberduck but on both Windows and Mac you could use Firefox with the FireFTP plugin. Did you find the link I mentioned? it also tells you how to install OpenSSH and change the password on your phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW