HELP PLEASE! Jailbroke Verizon Iphone in reboot loop!

dmartin1972

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here is the situation. I have a Verizon Iphone 4 and it is jailbroken. I was using it the other day and it started acting really wierd, pixelating, closing things, etc.
So I went into settings and did a full reset of the phone to try to fix it.
Well, now it started to boot up, showed the apple reboot screen, then to the greenpoison reboot and then NOTHING! Just starts over and does it all again.
It will not boot up or do anything. Just stuck in this reboot loop.
I am pretty unfamiliar with the Iphone but used to use android stuff a lot.
So, I have a basic technological understanding here.

I would really appreciate any ideas on how to fix this.
Also, when I plug it into the computer - nothing - no connection sound and itunes does not recognize it at all.

Please help.

Ruster2

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I also have just gotten the new Verizon iPhone. I have had it almost 30 days. It died on me today. No warning. About an hour after I made a call I took it out of my pocket to make another call...it was DEAD! Nothing, dead. Took it to the local Verizon store, they couldn't revive it either. I got a new iPhone since I was within the 30 day warranty.

My question is has anyone had this kind of problem? I have reason to belive it might have something to do with syncing it to my car (factory installed) speaker system. Has anyone had problems 'killing' their phone by syncing to their car??

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I also have just gotten the new Verizon iPhone. I have had it almost 30 days. It died on me today. No warning. About an hour after I made a call I took it out of my pocket to make another call...it was DEAD! Nothing, dead. Took it to the local Verizon store, they couldn't revive it either. I got a new iPhone since I was within the 30 day warranty.

My question is has anyone had this kind of problem? I have reason to belive it might have something to do with syncing it to my car (factory installed) speaker system. Has anyone had problems 'killing' their phone by syncing to their car??

You probably should start your own thread about your specific issue. It's different than what the OP asked so (1) you might not get answers specific to your question and (2) you don't want to hijack someone else's thread/question to take it off-topic.

However, in answer to your question, I haven't had any problem with my iPhone after syncing BT with my car. I doubt that BT pairing would truly brick (permanently kill) your iPhone and I haven't read about that problem anywhere. If you had it almost 30 days I assume that it didn't die during or immediately after the pairing process.

At least you got a brand new iPhone, so hopefully you're good to go and you should be safe pairing with your car again.

Ruster2

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply and I'm sorry - I didn't mean to hijack someone's thread - as you might guess, I am new at this! Thank You!

dmartin1972

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, no luck yet. I keep trying but have not gotten any further.

Still need suggestions, thank you. Maybe i am doing something wrong?

I guess i need step-by-step instructions. PLEASE. :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK the first thing I would say is unplug the phone and hold the home button and sleep/wake button until the phone powers off. Then open iTunes hold the Home button and plug in the USB cable. You will keep holding the Home button until you see the USB to iTunes cable. Then iTunes will tell you that it found an iPhone in recovery mode. Do a recovery through iTunes and once it's over you can either restore or set up as new. Then re-JB it after a day or two, after two days you will see if the phone misbehaves then you can re-JB. If the restore wont work you can then put the phone in DFU mode which is a little harder to do. Do a search to find out how to get it into DFU mode and follow the same method as above.

Reactions: dmartin1972

dmartin1972

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
THANK U SO MUCH! I finally got it back to life!

I tried what you said and it connected to itunes and started downloading. 3 hours later, lol, it was still not going. I figured i would try one more time. Plugged it in and said 15 minutes this time.

And Walla! It was back to its normal self.
I appreciate your help in a million and 1 ways!

Thanks.

zachslusser

May 18, 2010
Visit site
is their any way to get itunes to recognize the phone without restoring it? Mine worked just fine with itunes after I initially jb'ed but now itunes wont recognize it.

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
just fyi...idk how it is in the areas you live in but if you cant restore or your phone is dead, head into apple and they will pretty much give you a new phone.

ive bought used phones on ebay and restored and gotten error codes. Headed straight into apple and walked out in 10 mins with a new phone.

secondly: go in when they are busiest, I find those guys try to move people along as fast as they can when its busy. I went in on Christmas and all I said was "phone wont restore" and he immediately went to the back and got me a new one without even checking to see if it will restore.

just fyi

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR