BiteSMS Issue

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Love the application and the features it comes with. However, ahving some issues. It lags and I have to kill it on the taskbar before it fixes. When I say lag, I mean it'll show the convo for "Kevin" but it'll have the convo for "Brittany" repeatedly. A Convo that hadn't been touched since last night. Is this an isolated issue or a reoccurring issue?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I would do like BLiNK says just post up about your issues. I've been using it for weeks and haven't had any probs. I've had my phone respring to safe mode twice after reading a text but unless it starts happening more often I wont worry about it. You could also try re-installing it. Have you rebooted the phone since you installed it?

Reactions: OKCChuck

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't re-installed it yet. I have done a respring a few times. I will also put it on that link you gave me. Thank you guys a lot :)

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a bitesms question and I didn't want to start a new thread with this one still on the front page.
Say I get 3 texts from 3 different people. When I tap on bitesms, it takes me immediately to the first text. Can I make it so it takes me to the page where all texts are listed so I can pick which to respond to first?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a bitesms question and I didn't want to start a new thread with this one still on the front page.
Say I get 3 texts from 3 different people. When I tap on bitesms, it takes me immediately to the first text. Can I make it so it takes me to the page where all texts are listed so I can pick which to respond to first?

there is a feature called Quick List. it can be accessed from the lockscreen and unlock screen.. it also has to be set up for each

for example: biteSMS>settings>Lock Screen Mode>Features>Quick List>On (back out and make sure to select Done)

Repeat this process for the Unlock Screen

this will allow you to tap on the SMS icon in the statusbar and bring up a list of all unread SMS

on the main page of settings, under Quick List, you can set the most recent to be at the Top or Bottom

hope this helps

Reactions: P0stalTek

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
haha, that's just odd... sounds like a little bug

maybe uninstall-reboot, reinstall-reboot biteSMS and see that takes care of it

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Still doing it. Oh well, it effects the original Message app too. I think I may just need to re-do the jailbreak. I'm having issues with other apps as well.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all the good folks on this forum, I was able to successfully swap out the original iOS SMS tones for my own custom SMS tones. :cool:

Unfortunately, there appears to be a conflict with BiteSMS. I am encountering problems with the ringtones settings. I have set specific SMS tones (the orig. iOS SMS tones) for different callers in my Contacts. However, these custom tones do not ring when those callers send me txt msgs. Only the default tone which I chose in "Settings --> Sounds" rings.

Perhaps my settings are incorrect? Please see the attached screenshot for the Ringtones Settings page, what are the proper settings?

Is BiteSMS conflicting with the iOS tones for some strange reason?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue when I first changed the tone. If you go to the settings in BiteSMS, where you change the tones. You'll see a list of people it's probably the people who text you most, and they get assigned the default tone. You can delete them and the next time they text you it should use the tone you set in Bite.

I just went into Bite also make sure Take Control under Ringtones is set to on.

Last edited:
Reactions: tourstagefan

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue when I first changed the tone. If you go to the settings in BiteSMS, where you change the tones. You'll see a list of people it's probably the people who text you most, and they get assigned the default tone. You can delete them and the next time they text you it should use the tone you set in Bite.

I just went into Bite also make sure Take Control under Ringtones is set to on.

Will give it a try. As always, thanks for the helpful advice.

Btw, I e-mailed BiteSMS Customer Service with this question and the reply I got was "go into Settings, then Ringtones." They were SOOOOO very helpful. :p

You have made the iPhone indoctrination process much easier for me! :cool:

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No prob I love helping others cause I know what it feels like to be lost without help. I've also been helped too so it goes both ways :D

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
No prob I love helping others cause I know what it feels like to be lost without help. I've also been helped too so it goes both ways :D

UPDATE: I tried your suggestion, Ipheuria, but it did not work properly for me. I was still in the trial period, so I removed the BiteSMS app and installed "iRealSMS" instead. Et voila! My ringtones problem is solved! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox