Jailbroken Verizon iPhone

HellKatzX

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand this whole Jailbreak thing.

I completed it successfully but it appears that nothing is compatible with 4.2.6 which is what came installed on my Verizon iPhone. Am I missing something?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Are you saying that from within Cydia (which is the Jailbreak app store) nothing is showing compatible with your software version?

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe Im wrong, it's happened a couple of times. I thought the latest jailbreak was for 4.2.1 (mine). I didnt think a JB had been released yet for 4.2.6. or does the greenpoison work on VZW 4.2.6?

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon's 4.2.6 and I did a jailbreak.
It worked fine for me, but I didn't find anything in the cydia store that appealed to me. I restored and using it like that for now. If I find something in the future, I might jailbreak again.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I, too, jailbroke my Verizon iPhone and the one app that I did buy (MyProfiles) is not compatible with the 4.2.6 software on my phone. I'm hoping they update it to work with 4.2.6 soon since the lack of ringer profiles is one of the biggest deficiencies of this phone.

Reactions: HellKatzX

HellKatzX

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I, too, jailbroke my Verizon iPhone and the one app that I did buy (MyProfiles) is not compatible with the 4.2.6 software on my phone. I'm hoping they update it to work with 4.2.6 soon since the lack of ringer profiles is one of the biggest deficiencies of this phone.

Nice find, gonna check this one out.

I've come to realize that apps that are compatible with 4.2.1 work fine on 4.2.6

Last edited:

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
4.2.6 is essentially 4.2.1 for CDMA phones. There's no other difference. Everything that works for 4.2.1 should work for 4.2.6.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm on Verizon's 4.2.6 and I did a jailbreak.
It worked fine for me, but I didn't find anything in the cydia store that appealed to me. I restored and using it like that for now. If I find something in the future, I might jailbreak again.

BiteSMS alone is worth the "price" of a JB for me (at least until Apple actually puts a useable notification system on the iPhone). You could use MyWi for free (well after buying the app) instead of paying V (or AT&T) for their hotspot functionality. Just a couple of suggestions...

HellKatzX

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Shortly after jailbreaking mine I was considering restoring back to original state however like Snap said BiteSMS is just too handy to go back, plus the ability to remove the annoying exchange passcode, if nothing else I'll stay JB for those 2

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You guys should try theming and then you would really be hooked. It really allows you to customize the phone. Yesterday I replaced my fiance's battery icon with a picture of us that moves as the battery level while charging. It's really cool to see the final fully charged battery ;)

Reactions: appliancemedic

Shutterbug

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming across the same issue w my ViP4 (4.2.6) none of the carrier icon themes work, none of the replacements work, only about 25% of the lock screens have even semi worked... im a lil frustrated so far... any advice or do i have to wait for the apps through cydia to get updated...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The carrier logos don't work for me either I'm in Canada. It's not a Verizon or firmware issue. I'm not sure which lockscreens and themes you've tried but a ton of them worked for me. I've also helped people with Verizon iPhones so I think you must be picking the wrong ones if they don't work. Go and take a look in the Post your homescreen thread for an idea of lockscreens, themes and how to customize each element of the UI. You can also look at my Theme Tips thread and Post your themed iPad lockscreen if you want more info.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner