BiteSms 5.1 crashing after Mywi 4 Install

fredmercury

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Question for you all. I had installed Bitesms 5.1 last week, worked great, no problems at all. This morning I installed and purchased MyWi 4 and since install, Bitesms has been giving me problems. Mainly, when I go into the app and send a message the screen will just go away after I hit send. The message still sends and doesn't seem like the app actually "crashes" but the screen doesn't stay on the text message screen there after. Any ideas?

Thanks

rust0r

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I know how frustrating stuff like this can be, registered for this forum just to answer your question.

It doesn't actually have anything to do with MyWi4, as of this morning there is a ton of people experiencing the same problem as yourself with BiteSMS (Both myself and girlfriend had it earlier as well). To fix it simply go to Cydia, Manage>Packages>BiteSMS, then Modify > Reinstall > Confirm, and it will redeploy the files, after that everything should work as before.

It won't let me send a link of the forum where they are discussing the problem (post count is under 10) but checkout the forums section on the official bitesms website

Hope that helps!

fredmercury

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!

Hey bud, don't think I don't appreciate you registering to answer my question. This is driving me nuts even though not a huge inconvienence. Appreciate your info big time. I'm gonna head over and read that too on the forums. I have to tell you, I did just what you directed me to do earlier today and still had the same problem. Thinking maybe I'll remove and then reinstall instead of modify again. Once again, thanks!

rust0r

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey bud, don't think I don't appreciate you registering to answer my question. This is driving me nuts even though not a huge inconvienence. Appreciate your info big time. I'm gonna head over and read that too on the forums. I have to tell you, I did just what you directed me to do earlier today and still had the same problem. Thinking maybe I'll remove and then reinstall instead of modify again. Once again, thanks!

You're welcome. It is literally something that JUST started happening to people today, I don't even have MyWi4 installed so I wouldn't worry about that being the cause.

I've been trying to figure out if this is caused by the cracked version or if it also affects the legit version. Some people were speculating it is a "time bomb" like thing built into the cracked form of the app, one that will cause it to function improperly if cracked come a certain date and time. It has happened with other cracked apps (Folder Enhancer), so it is a possibility.

I ran across one post that said "i removed the app and reinstalled. it still crashed after every text. i removed the app, rebooted the phone then reinstalled and so far everything seems to be good."

Hopefully you fall into that category, that the "reinstall" didn't work but the full remove/install will.

If I run across anything else I'll let you know.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods