Advantage to RC5_B4?

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke my iphone 4 with the first version that came out saturday night.

Everything seems ok, except every once in a while when i reboot it boots into a safe mode, then asks me to restart. When I do everything is perfect.

Other than that small glitch that happens not very often, this jailbreak is solid.

Since then, they released the new version that will break the verizon iphone. Would this jailbreak potentially solve my small problem?

And if I were to apply the new jailbreak, would I have to wipe my phone again to factory settings, or just apply the new JB?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i asked iH8snow about the newest version on twitter

iH8sn0w: This is really only to fix verizon phones.

i also have the reboot into safe mode bug, if you will, but that's it. i wonder if it has something to do with the animated boot logo..

other than that everything else is perfect, for me

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you're booting into safe mode I would venture a guess that something is messing with the springboard. Do you have Winterboard, themes, custom logo? I know on my 3G a long time ago I had the problem and it went away once I took out Winterboard. If you don't mind wiping your phone pwnage tool is also out now for 4.2 untethered so if you have a Mac or know someone with a Mac you could ask them to cook you up an ipsw. I have always preferred pwnage tool to and of the other JB tools but that's personal preference.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea. It doesn't bother me enough to turn lockinfo off.

In another post a member said that B4 heled him with a battery usage.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i removed lockinfo and all plugins. boot to safe mode still exists

i remember as i was loading my jailbroken apps/tweaks there was a point where it would reboot fine.. so there is something causing just not sure yet

i'm pretty sure i can live with this as i try not to reboot that often anyways, but even then, a simple restart takes care of it immediately

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah doesn't sound too serious. You could also try doing the GP JB again since it doesn't wipe the phone it might correct whatever is intermittently causing an issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative