Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default GreenPois0n Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 Released for Windows

Windows users rejoice! GreenPois0n has been released for Windows machines after seeing a few days of exclusivity for the Mac.

It was earlier today when we reported that the Windows version would make it to jailbreakers this weekend, and now the Chronic Dev Team has made good on its promises.

Check inside for the details and the download…

As with the Mac version, the Windows version of GreenPois0n can be downloaded here, and will soon be available from our downloads section.

for more information go to GreenPois0n Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 Released for Windows » Unlock iPhone
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Again, there is a jailbreak specific forum here.
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
     iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray (64GB) iPad Mini White (16GB) Mid 2014 MacBook Pro 
    iMore Newbie

I've tried to jailbreak with greenpoison starting with my phone powered off and powered on and this isn't working. While I'm not a tech guru, I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong here :P. I have an iphone 3G iOS 4.2.1 (8C148). After releasing the home button in the last step, how long should it take for something to happen?
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by tfa225 View Post
    I've tried to jailbreak with greenpoison starting with my phone powered off and powered on and this isn't working. While I'm not a tech guru, I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong here :P. I have an iphone 3G iOS 4.2.1 (8C148). After releasing the home button in the last step, how long should it take for something to happen?
    Try waiting until you see the white text scrolling on black background on the iPhone before releasing the home button.

Edit: Alli posted a greenpois0n how-to on the main tipb site for Mac. It should be the same for windows.
    Thanked by:
    tfa225 (02-10-2011)