Greenpois0n JB kills ibooks

sduck

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's just me - but since doing the newest JB on my iphone 4 running 4.2.1 ibooks is completely useless. The app will start, but books won't open, no matter what kind of tricks I do or how many times I do them. I even tried reinstalling the older version (1.1.2), no workee either. With the Redsn0w jailbreak, ibooks was buggy and crashy but at least was useable - you could always get the books to open eventually. I'm going to do a restore in the morning, as I'm nearly through the book I'm reading and it's not available on any other book platform. Anyone have a fix?

Capnjackk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I've ever had with this is when it came to having your iBooks synced across devices. Turn that off, and maybe it'll help.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I just tried my iBooks and there is a problem. The free books from Project Gutenberg open fine but the books I bought all say there is a problem with iBooks restore in iTunes. Luckily I read all the books I bought so it doesn't matter to me right now.

sduck

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I've ever had with this is when it came to having your iBooks synced across devices. Turn that off, and maybe it'll help.
Did you try this with the new gp JB? I did - it didn't work.

I restored. Ibooks works fine now. I can wait for 4.3 - MyWi is the only thing I actually need JB for, and I only need that once in a while - it wan wait.

danka58

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Same issue

I have an iPhone 3GS old boot rom iOS 4.2.1 (8C148a) with GP R5 installed. When opening an iBook purchased book I get a message saying "There is a problem with the configuration of your iPhone. Please restore with iTunes and reinstall iBooks". This one and only purchased iBook will not open while the free iBooks and Gutenburg books will. Pdf works fine. iBooks works fine on an iPad (not JB) running iOS 4.2.1 in every aspect. Turning off the Sync Bookmarks and Sync Collections and then removing iBooks from iTunes, reinstalling in iTunes and then re-downloading the book via the iBook app on the iPhone didn't resolve the issue. I believe it has to do with the DRM check since the free book 'purchased' via iBooks store works fine. I'm not convinced that a restore and reinstall will fix this.

tonymeans

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually Greenpois0n does affect Ibooks in that you can not read books you purchased thru Itunes ...free books are not affected. I did restore and re-jailbreak using redsn0w and everything in Ibooks is working.

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
How do we let the programmers of Greenpoisi0n know about this bug! I went to their website but it doesn't have any way to leave comments of bugs that I could see.

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
They are aware of the bug, if affects DRM iBooks. If they release an updated version lets say RC6 or so on, Will we just install over on top of our current greenpoisi0n JB, or will we need to restore and re-jailbreak with the new release?

Gryphyn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
iBook issues with Greenpois0n

It seems if you just delete any book in ur library on the jail broken idevice, then redownload from ur purchases it treats the book as new and allows you to read no problem, has worked so far on mine

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR