Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

92 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Default Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2.1?

Hey guys! Currently I have an iPhone 3gS on 4.0 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com. I was thinking up gradin to 4.2.1 and jailbreak with greenpoison because now it's an untethered jailbreak? So how would I update? Just plug it in and click update and rejailreak? Or hold option restore ( I think?) to upgrade to 4.2.1.

iMore Expert

855 Posts
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts

Plug into itunes, click upgrade. That will upgrade you to 4.2.1 and remove you previous jailbreak. Then you can jailbreak again with greenpois0n, but remember greenpois0n jailbreak for 4.2.1 currently is only available to Mac users, no windows version yet. So if you have windows, and don't have access to a Mac, then I would hold off on the upgrading of your OS. Also, this greenpois0n is very new and is still quite buggy, you might want to take that into consideration as well.
    iPhone Intermediate

103 Posts

If you're going to upgrade to 4.2.1 you're gonna want to restore and upgrade. Greenpois0n works best on a clean restore.