Greenpois0n UNTETHERED 4.2.1 JailBreak just released

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I can't even open Greenpois0n. I've tried it on two macs now and it downloads but will not open, instead I just get notified that the application has crashed.

Very frustrating. It's the version 2 directly off the GP website.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I finally did this but got an error, anyone can help?

"Incompatible library version. greenpoison requires version 6.0 but libcurl.4.dylib provides ver. 5.0"

I think I figured out a part of my problem. I ended up at How To Jailbreak iPhone 4 On iOS 4.2.1 | The Iphone Spot (sorry, cant post url as this is my first post here and it won't let me post link) which had this comment:

Run that new Greenpoisi0n with root access like this:
1: Open terminal, type sudo(space)
2: Then go to a finder window and goto the location you downloaded Greenpoisi0n RC5_2, open as "Show package contents" then goto MacOS, and drag "greenpoisi0n" into terminal.
3: make sure theres not an extra space after the file is placed into terminal, if there is; a simple backspace will take care of it.
4: Hit enter.

You are now running Greenpoisi0n in root. ...

When I did this I was able to watch the process details in the terminal window which stalled when it came to this line "Preparing to fetch DFU image from Apple's servers"

It could not fetch that because my Mac is not online! I live in a remote location and use the iPad to get online via MIWI! So, at least for me, my failed install might be related to this step. Though, I'm not sure why I was getting a completed message in my earlier attempts. I think it is assumed that everyone doing this jailbreak are online but it is not state as a requirement.

emtal233

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I got it to work with redsn0w to get cydia installed, but it was way to buggy for me. Restored my iphone 4 got an error 1013 had to redo the host file and now all better and restored. I used the 2nd version of Greenpois0n. I'm gonna wait til a 4.3 jb comes out I think.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
While I wish I could afford a new Mac, the vast majority of us are still waiting since we don't own one, don't know why they don't release them at the same time..

They don't release them at the sae time because it's not always that easy to port it to Windows. So us Mac users would be stuck waiting forever. Also we are the beta testers so the Windows version will have all the bugs fixed that us Mac users have to put up with. I'm about to try it again now that I'm at home we'll see if it's any different.

BOOM worked on the first shot took about a minute. I don't know whether it was an issue with the firewall at work or if it had something to do with the servers being down or hit hard.

The people experiencing issues make sure your Mac and also iTunes is at the latest version it's good to have all your updates applied. Then if your iDevice is on an untethered JB try restoring to an OEM firmware and retry the process. You can also try plugging your Mac right into your internet cable instead of going through your router. This will make sure it's not a firewall issue.

My problem now is a blank loader, perhaps I will try Redsn0w to install Cydia. *Instead of using Redsn0w to install Cydia try relaunching the Loader after relaunching it 9 times and leaving it blank on the 10th time it had the Install Cydia which I just did. It is all working fine :D

Last edited:

bsantspree

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't even open Greenpois0n. I've tried it on two macs now and it downloads but will not open, instead I just get notified that the application has crashed.

Very frustrating. It's the version 2 directly off the GP website.

the same thing happened to me...any help out there???

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Would the staff at my local Apple Store frown upon me using one of the display computers to JB my phone? haha.

Kidding. But that would be pretty hilarious.

"Hey dude, can I borrow that USB cable that you're using to whip your co-workers with? I'll only be a second."

It's very iJustine and her impromptu Apple Store dance videos.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Shortest jailbreak ever. Less than 6 hours before I had to restore. I'm done with this jailbreak thing. I downloaded qStatus or qTweeter or whatever, and it put my phone into a loop.

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well I can't even get greenpoison to recognize that my iphone is in DFU mode. I've tried holding the home button the entire way through, tried letting up right after DFU...nothing works and then the program will randomly crash. Any thoughts?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Got it working. Not exactly the easiest JB ever but not too bad. It too two tries to get Cydia loaded plus a reboot but finally got it up.

Here is what I did. Maybe it will help:;)

I'm on a Mac
I updated iTunes to 10.1.2
I "checked" the box to make iTunes NOT sync automatically when I plugged in my iPhone to the computer. (This was more for convenience.)
I did NOT turn off my iPhone like the direction said to in the Forums. I left it on so that is was just "charging" when I plugged it into the computer.
I then open GreenPo1son on my Mac.
I followed the directions on GP to put my iPhone in DFU mode instead of the Video the TiPB directions take you too.
Once iPhone went "blank" I hit "JailBreak" icon on GP.
Sat back and watched.:cool:

Like I said, It took about twice to download Cydia from Loader, then I had to ReBoot the iPhone to get Cydia to work. I also had to do some updates on Cydia before I download any apps. Standard updates though.

So far so good! I have not and am NOT planning on installing Winterboard though. Never liked it that much.;)

Good Luck! Maybe this will help some one.

peterg81

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie when it comes to jailbreaking. I did it with no problem this morning after trying so many times on the greenpois0n website. My only question so far is if after Cydia is loaded, is there any use for the Loader? reason being, I accidentally deleted it. if so, how do I get it back? greenpois0n jailbreak again? thanks in advance

clue3030

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a mirror link for win?

I know it was just released tonight the jb for windows, but i cant find it, someone please im me or something with it...thanks