Greenpois0n UNTETHERED 4.2.1 JailBreak just released

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
except only one thing; every time i reboot it goes into safe mode but is easily fixed by a respring (restart)

possibly winterboard issue...?

anyone else experiencing this as well?

I had the same issue on 3.1.2 JB, if you want to know uninstall Winterboard and if you don't have the problem on reboot install it again and if the problem comes back it's Winterboard. The solution was to redo my JB.

Now that there is an untethered JB I will be JBing my iPhone 4 for the first time. 

emtp563

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Just jailbroke my iPad which was UNJAILBROKEN on iOS 4.2.1 Ran GP and it installed without a hitch. Ran loader and it installed Cycdia the first time without a single problem. 100% painless for me.

bellizima

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
first time here too, painless and first try!

I did manage to screw up my sbsettings and cant figure out how to get it back now???

Help!

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having trouble with the modmyi repo not showing up or being able to manually add it in Cydia?

I had the same problem it was downloaded but not showing in sources so I uninstalled then installed it again and rebooted and it was there!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What about the baseband? Does it preserve it? I am on 4.1 and 02.10.04. I want to preserve the unlock

I don't think it preserves the baseband because there is a warning for people who need unlock not to use the tool.

The person with the sbsettings prob I sent you a PM.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Just did mine a couple of hours ago. Took about 10 minutes. It didnt take the first two tries, but was successful on the third try. Everything seems to be working in Cydia as it should.

bennett22

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i'm new to iphones,but not ipods.this jailbreak is working pretty good and went fairly easy being that i havent done a jailbreak on anything in a long time.been playing around with cydia and doing some downloads here and there.

MIADani

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
New to here

Hey just becoming a member, glad to be in! I look ahead to partcipating and have study a great deal so far, so hello!

I've been concerned in some other forums and have uncovered this area to have substantially more desirable content, so it helps make sense to eventually submit!

BTW where is the option to make myself have a cool title like some people here have?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have to say i've been very pleased with this release (windows version) i did a "restore as new" to eliminate any possibility of any issues that could possibly arise. yes it took a little while but well worth it

the only thing is the reboot into the safe mode. kind of annoying but a simple restart/respring takes care of it right away

nice no having to worry about the tethered situation, although it wasn't too terrible

ScreenToucher

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a 3GS early model that was not jailbroken, had iOS 4.2.1, needed it unlocked and untethered JB so I did the following:

1. Jailbroke and updated baseband to 06.15.00 (iPad baseband) with redsn0w 0.9.6 rc8 (tethered).
2. unlocked with ultrasn0w.
3. re-jailbroke with greenpois0n (windows) on top of redsn0w for untethered goodness.

Step 2 could have probably been done last but I wanted to verify if the unlock works before going further.
Its been almost a day and so far no issues.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
The install didn't go very smoothly for me, but now that it finally worked my phone is actually working better than it was on 4.2.1 stock :D

sbs8331#IM

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Since it's now available for Windows, what's the process if I'm on iPhone4 4.0.1 that's already jailbroken via jailbreakme.com? Is it as follows:
1. Backup via iTunes
2. Upgrade to 4.2 via iTunes
3. Run greenpois0n per instructions on TiBb (download, DFU mode, etc.)
4. Restore via iTunes

Will this restore all my Cydia (purchased) apps and themes?

I'm not a techie, so if this isn't correct, please advise in layman's terms. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77