- 02-06-2011, 03:16 PM #127
- 02-06-2011, 03:19 PM #128
- 02-06-2011, 03:38 PM #129
- 02-06-2011, 04:05 PM #130
- 02-06-2011, 05:56 PM #131
- 02-06-2011, 05:57 PM #132
- 02-06-2011, 06:07 PM #133
- 02-06-2011, 06:28 PM #134
- 02-06-2011, 10:20 PM #135iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
New to here
Hey just becoming a member, glad to be in! I look ahead to partcipating and have study a great deal so far, so hello!
I've been concerned in some other forums and have uncovered this area to have substantially more desirable content, so it helps make sense to eventually submit!
BTW where is the option to make myself have a cool title like some people here have?
- 02-07-2011, 01:10 AM #136
i have to say i've been very pleased with this release (windows version) i did a "restore as new" to eliminate any possibility of any issues that could possibly arise. yes it took a little while but well worth it
the only thing is the reboot into the safe mode. kind of annoying but a simple restart/respring takes care of it right away
nice no having to worry about the tethered situation, although it wasn't too terrible
- 02-07-2011, 01:30 AM #137
I had a 3GS early model that was not jailbroken, had iOS 4.2.1, needed it unlocked and untethered JB so I did the following:
1. Jailbroke and updated baseband to 06.15.00 (iPad baseband) with redsn0w 0.9.6 rc8 (tethered).
2. unlocked with ultrasn0w.
3. re-jailbroke with greenpois0n (windows) on top of redsn0w for untethered goodness.
Step 2 could have probably been done last but I wanted to verify if the unlock works before going further.
Its been almost a day and so far no issues.
- 02-07-2011, 07:50 AM #138
- 02-07-2011, 04:58 PM #139iPhone Nanite
- 8 Posts
Since it's now available for Windows, what's the process if I'm on iPhone4 4.0.1 that's already jailbroken via jailbreakme.com? Is it as follows:
1. Backup via iTunes
2. Upgrade to 4.2 via iTunes
3. Run greenpois0n per instructions on TiBb (download, DFU mode, etc.)
4. Restore via iTunes
Will this restore all my Cydia (purchased) apps and themes?
I'm not a techie, so if this isn't correct, please advise in layman's terms. Thanks!
- 02-07-2011, 08:41 PM #140
- 02-07-2011, 08:52 PM #141
SFTP into your iPhone and backup all apps you've installed via Cydia that are in the directory above.
Also backup the folder called "apt" in /private/etc/
Restore Pwned firmware or new firmware them QuickPwn it, and SFTP in and copy back your apps and the "apt" folder to their correct directories and let Cydia update everything.
You can install "AptBackup" (use Cydia and search for it) and it will backup a list of al the apps you've installed via Cydia. That list then gets backed up when you do a normal backup to iTunes. Then after you have to restore your iPhone, use AptBackup to restore the list and Cydia will install them all back at the same time.
- 02-07-2011, 10:35 PM #142
- 02-08-2011, 09:00 AM #143iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
I am new to this too but just can't get Greenpois0n to work. Programme starts, follow the on-screen instructions, press the buttons, get the jailbreaking message, then goes to Failed. Have tried six or seven times now, always the same result. Any ideas, hints, tips, please? (Mac OSX 10.6.6, iPod Touch 4G IOS 4.2.1, iTunes 10.1.2, Greenpois0n rc5 b4)
Last edited by petersarum; 02-08-2011 at 09:04 AM.
- 02-08-2011, 11:57 AM #144
Sorry for the question but i have an untouched Iphone 3GS with 4.1 and baseband 05.14.02.
I need to Unlock it to use overseas... should i update with itunes?? it's telling me that 4.2 is available..will it be 4.2 or 4.2.1..??? and will i be able to unlock after this jailbreak with Greenpois0n??
Need to make sure before i Screw it up!!!
- 02-08-2011, 01:34 PM #145
- 02-08-2011, 01:38 PM #146
- 02-08-2011, 02:26 PM #147
Does anyone know what will be the baseband if i update from 4.1 to 4.2.1??? And if i use itunes to upgrade it tells me that it will update to 4.2... will i have to update to 4.2 and then to 4.2.1??? is there a way to update via itunes to 4.2.1 directly??? and to unlock with redsn0w..we needed to use ipad's baseband 06.15.00.... since apparently we could not unlock 5.14.02.. redsn0w allowed me to use that 06.15.00 baseband...now if i jailbreak with Greenpois0n..and baseband stays at 5.14.02...how will we unlock this iphone.???
- 02-08-2011, 04:26 PM #148
- 02-08-2011, 06:43 PM #149
- 02-08-2011, 07:06 PM #150
The people who have problems with GP I've said it before if your computer is connected to the web via Wifi connect directly to your internet connection. Mine didn't work for me at work but worked fine and quick at home. I'm guessing maybe firewall might have been the issue. So give it a try.