installing the new version of cydia manually

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have never done this before. i know you mentioned in your other thread you recently restored but i would probably try it again but restore as new. you might be carrying over a corrupt code or file when restoring from backup with itunes and updating Cydia only still might not resolve the issue

whenever i had issues in the past i normally try to keep the troubleshooting to a minimum and restore as new. it is a little time consuming but has fixed everything for me in the past. if you do it make sure you make notes of all your Cydia packages so you can add them later

i like starting fresh when big issues arise so i eliminate the possibility of something that may be lingering around. just my personal experience doesn't mean you have to do it

Reactions: frozinwater

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot guys. I'm going to try to update cydia first. I think the issue is because I had to take the phone to the apple store because my flash light stopped working and they updated my phone to 4.2.1. So I had to downgrade back to 4.1 via tinyumbrella. And I think that's why I may be having the problem with those cydia apps not clearing from the updated list in cydia. If all else fails, I'll do another restore.

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
i have never done this before. i know you mentioned in your other thread you recently restored but i would probably try it again but restore as new. you might be carrying over a corrupt code or file when restoring from backup with itunes and updating Cydia only still might not resolve the issue

whenever i had issues in the past i normally try to keep the troubleshooting to a minimum and restore as new. it is a little time consuming but has fixed everything for me in the past. if you do it make sure you make notes of all your Cydia packages so you can add them later

i like starting fresh when big issues arise so i eliminate the possibility of something that may be lingering around. just my personal experience doesn't mean you have to do it

UPDATE:

Installing the latest version of cydia worked for me. I was able to finally update those apps in cydia and they cleared from my updates (along with those annoying badges). Thanks a lot everyone.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2