biteSMS (5.1)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
These are the recent changes to the biteSMS application:
Version 5.1
31 January 2011

* Now fully iOS 4.2.1 compliant.
* Great new Privacy feature, allows you to easily hide any of your conversations for complete privacy and reveal them as required (or simply to blacklist them). See biteSMS, Settings, Hide Contact for details.
* Enhanced Quick List - We now show the full text message in the Quick List (unless it doesn't fit on the screen, in which case we show 3 lines per message).
* O Yeh?.NICE! Quick Reply, change the size of the message text. See Settings, Quick Reply.
* You can now control the display order of messages in Quick List. See Settings, Quick List.
* Added an "All Timestamps" setting. You guessed it! If set, shows timestamps against every message.
* In biteSMS, Settings, Passcode Lock, added a new preference "Require Passcode" Immediately, After 1 minute, 3 minutes...etc.
* Improved the Quick Compose and Quick Reply typing speed and general performance.
* Any m4r files in the /Applications/biteSMS.app/sounds folder will now appear in the "biteSMS Ringtones" list. So you can use any of your own custom created ones!
* Added a FaceTime button in both Quick Compose and Quick Reply. This feature is ONLY for iOS 4.1 users and above.
* The LockInfo app "Favorites Text Message" feature now opens biteSMS.
* Added a swivel animation for the conversation contact pic when pressed.
* Added a "Reset All" option in biteSMS, Settings, About screen. Removes all preferences, license and credit information.
* Added a "Clear Failed Indicator" option in biteSMS, Settings, About screen.
* Added the ability to delete all credits for a number (right swipe) on Settings, Credits / License / Ads page (e.g. if selling phone).
* Added a warning in the Quick Reply settings page if the SBSettings toggle has been turned off (usually accidentally).
* Fixed all known issues.

GET it NOW!!

if you had the beta version simply delete it and and search for biteSMS

**please support the dev and purchase a license**

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i haven't had any issues as of yet. seemed like this version was in beta for a long time so hopefully they will be at a minimum

Capnjackk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I have is occasionally she. I hit the quick list icon, my springboard crashes. Only rarely though, but this happened even on 5.0 too. Other than that though, bitesms is still awesome.

Bennieficial

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I have is occasionally she. I hit the quick list icon, my springboard crashes. Only rarely though, but this happened even on 5.0 too. Other than that though, bitesms is still awesome.

I get this problem also, only it happens EVERYTIME. the problem didn't start until I updated to 4.2.1 and jailbroke. Anybody know a fix?

bsantspree

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
occasionally my popup wont show up...and while using notified pro i cant get sms notifications in my drop down status bar. might be a notified pro problem though. some sort of combating commands or something...

frostey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i had same problem. Springboard kept crashing, so i deleted every jailbroke app, and every 10 seconds it would crash. So i restored and never tried again :/ i miss it! has it been fixed?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have had no problems at all with biteSMS since the public release of 5.1

i have seen reports of people having problems with 5.1 on greenpois0n.. but also limera1n. it seems to be possibly something else that uses mobile substrate. so now it's user specific. it appears the Dev will be addressing this in the near future

the only i would recommend is right after jailbreaking add biteSMS ONLY and see what happens. i know it can be time consuming but worth it in the end. also, you may want to go the the biteSMS forum and search or ask questions there biteSMS. a lot of helpful people there

as far as GV and biteSMS, i'm not very familiar with this and once again i would go straight to the source

hope this helps

Call Using Google Voice Button? - biteSMS

Real Google Voice integration without the SMS GV Extension - biteSMS

Reactions: frostey

frostey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I thanked you buddy. And i just downloaded Bitesms 5.1. I think i did it on the tethered jailbreak or mayb it was the leaked version. bc everything went succesful the first try. SO EVERYONE LOOKING TO DOWNLOAD BITESMS BUT SCARED YOUR PHONE WILL CRASH. ITS SAFE NOW. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox