What to do after Jailbreaking?

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I successfully jailbroke my iPhone 4. When I launch Cydia I'm presented with the "Home-Cydia" page. Where do I go from here?

I see something about "SHSH: iOS 4.2.1"

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
You're going to want to go to the sections tab at the bottom and start downloading any of the multitude of packages ("apps") that will open a whole new world of iPhone customization and functionality to you.

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I believe I done that.

What are some of the best recommended apps? I downloaded (at least I think I downloaded SBSettings) not really sure how to put it to use however. I'm also looking at the MiFi app, however the only accepted forms of payment are amazon.com and or paypal.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Well there is no "best" ones. SBsettings might be the exception as THE best though. You use it by sliding across your top status bar at ANY time. You can change it to a variety of gestures though. Check some of the other threads in the jailbreak forum here and you will learn a lot about some of our favorite jailbreak applications and tweaks.

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
biteSMS would always cause the phone to crash and be in safe mode....so far this has been a less than pleasing jailbreaking experience:(

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Did my visual voicemail become non functional now? When I tap on the visual voicemail icon it just dials my voicemail rather than being "visual".

And BrianT I'm the same way about biteSMS I'd see people discuss it all the time and asked myself, "big deal, it's a texting app" now I'm just using the 14 day trial version and so far...I prefer it over the default texting app.

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
:confused:I just came across this link How to Save SHSH Blobs Directly From iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Using iSHSHit | Redmond Pie

And was wondering if it's a safe alternative for saving SHSH?

I haven't yet saved my SHSH as I was having a hard time finding out how to do so. I was also wondering the importance of saving them, what are they used for?

As I've said before, I'm new to actually jailbreaking and therefor probably should have done more "research" prior to jailbreaking.

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
After downloading the SHSH from the link i posted earlier is there anything else I need to do or am I "good" as far as being jailbroken goes?

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
By "good" I mean, do I have anymore backing up to do in the event I ever decide to "go back to jail" (un-jailbreak)

Are there any security risks I have to be on the look out for now that I've jailbroken? I remember reading something once about there being a bug that only affected jailbroken iPhones, if I'm not mistaking I think they said you'd have to some how change something about the SHSH...

That is what I ment by "good".

gerwen

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
By "good" I mean, do I have anymore backing up to do in the event I ever decide to "go back to jail" (un-jailbreak)

Are there any security risks I have to be on the look out for now that I've jailbroken? I remember reading something once about there being a bug that only affected jailbroken iPhones, if I'm not mistaking I think they said you'd have to some how change something about the SHSH...

There used to be a vulnerability related to SSH. It was running automatically, and the default username/password was well known.
Afaik, it is no longer running by default, you have to enable it manually, and if you can figure that out, you can figure out how to change the default passwords.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2