New to jailbreaking

fritzhl

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded the firmware file again, the zip file, from the recommended place. Still unable to see an ipsw file. I have extracted the files from the zip. Should I just leave it zipped or do I need to rename it? Thanks for the help.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You have nothing on your drive that looks like this?

394928505.jpg

fritzhl

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
No I just have a zip folder and whenI extract it, I get a folder with a few documents in it one says firmware, but opens another coument with lots of letters and numbers. I have downloaded this from a lot of places and made dfferent download attempts. I know it should not be this difficult! Please help!:confused:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how to do it on a PC...but if you're using a mac, go to finder and search for "ipsw", perhaps it's unzipped it to a location you're not finding?

fritzhl

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
When I expand the file I have a folder called firmwear, ten under it I have 3 .dmg files and 3 kenelcache.release.* files. If you open firmwear there are a few other weird looking files. None are the one I need. I have tried to download on different computers, I tried different download sites, I have tried erasing my Iphone and starting from scratch. Still can't get the file.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just did a search and it says that the zip file you have initially should simply be renamed to a .ipsw file (simply swap the zip for ipsw) and it should load into redsn0w properly.

Let us know if it works.

Last edited:

buzzdar#WN

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to jb my iPad 1 and it will not jb at all I have 4.2.1 and using greenposi0n 6.1 and it just will not jb innate tried several times and still nothing. Not sure what I am doing wrong I did the same thing to my vzw iPhone and it worked great.

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
BiteSMS causes iPhone to crash...daily

BiteSMS causes iPhone to crash...daily, at first for some reason I thought it was Winterboard that was causing the crashing so I deleted it. Yet the crashes continue. It always seems to happen when I recieve a text and tap on the bite sms (displaying the number of unread text(s)) icon that appears next to the batery level indicator. The phone crashes into safe mode, then tells me to restart. I've also downloaded and installed CrashReporter from Cydia, but I am unsure what to do from there.

Also if it helps I'm still on the "trial" basis with biteSMS, once the tria was over I've yet to pay the $8 for the full lisence so I still see adds which dont really bother me. Do any of you think that that may be the cause of the almost daily crashing?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2