getting new iPhone 4

fayek

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
hi
im getting an iphone 4 in a few days ( switching from blackberry ) but im not sure if i should jailbreak or not... i kinda wanna upgrade to officialy 4.2.1 or 4.3 when it comes out until i hit my limit and start feeling a need for extra features then JB, can i then go back to 4.1?

seeing as this will be my first iPhone, i want to get familiar with the native apps before i start adding extra functionality JB apps

any advice?

thanks

fayek

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
also would like to mention that i will need to unlock my phone in a month or two, which is why i will probably need to JB either way... i keep reading that if you upgrade initially to 4.2.1 on a new phone then you can't unlock anymore.... can anyone shed some light on this please?

RECKLESS#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey fayek you can jailbreak your phone almost everyone does its alot better than just having a regular stock iphone, but if the question you're asking is can you go back and un jailbreak your phone the answer is yes.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, there is NOT an unlock available for the 4.2.1 iOS software. I havent had an iPhone come out of the box not on 4.2.1 in MONTHS.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know, there is NOT an unlock available for the 4.2.1 iOS software. I havent had an iPhone come out of the box not on 4.2.1 in MONTHS.

You can't unlock 4.1 firmware (2.10 baseband) either. Thus, OP is going to have to hope Ultrasnow is updated to unlock them in the future.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the chances of getting a brand new ip4 on something other than 4.2.1 are pretty slim. I got VERY lucky with my new one last month which came on 4.0.1 somehow. So until an untethered unlock comes out for 4.3 you are going to be best unjailbroken.

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I shattered my screen a few weeks ago and was sent a replacement through Bestbuy's warranty. I lost my JB in getting a new one!!!!! The new one has 4.2.1 installed. I'm not a big fan of teathered, so I am SOL for right now until the next unteathered JB comes out.

fayek

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
im really worried about the lack of unlock support for new phones... has it always been like that? the only reason i can get a factory unlocked phone is if i get it from another country but that way i lose warranty ( i live in egypt btw so i think the odds of getting an iphone with 4.0 isnt that slim )

do i just sacrifice warranty? i dont think thats a good idea... which should i do? unlocked with no warranty, or locked with warranty?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP you can downgrade your phone's firmwrae if you have your shsh blobs saved do a search cor blobs and read up on it. However downgrading wont downgrade your baseband which is what affects the unlock. The baseband is not yet unlockable on the iPhone 4 as someone said so don't think you'll be unlocking in a couple weeks. The reason unlock is so hard is because being able to unlock the phone takes away customers from the carriers so it is not Apple's reaponsibility to have them unlockable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2