Springboard restarts into IT Safe mode

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am running redsn0w 0.9.6rc8. Today I installed some type of Terminal Emulator but realized it didn't work, so I went back into Cydia and uninstalled it. Later in the day I installed biteSMS. A couple hours later i installed a game from the Apple App store, when I went to adjust the volume on the side of the Iphone4 the springboard restarted into IT Safe mode. I have rebooted the phone teethered, but still every time I touch the volume rockers on the side of the phone the springboard reboots into IT safemode. Is this an issue with biteSMS?

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
In safe mode go into Cydia and delete biteSMS, get it running again, and see it that fixed it. If it did, then wait a day, to be sure it's OK, and then try to install it again. Probably was just a bad download or install of bite SMS. Yes, you can download it again without paying again. I have heard of several people having trouble with biteSMS crashing lately. Probably just coincidence .

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
BiteSMS

It was biteSMS, I removed it and now the Hardware Volume Rockers work. I will look into the updated Version now, but from what I saw of BiteSMS, It didn't really look any different than the regular SMS on my iPhone. Can someone explain why biteSMS is better? I even sent a smiley to my wife's BlackBerry and she did not get the smiley just characters.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
bite lets you compose and reply from the lock screen or anywhere else without having to switch apps, gives you custom ringtones for individual contacts, and lets you add all kinds of things the regular app doesn't. (You can also set it to use any gesture activation you want; it doesn't have to be the volume rocker.) Definitely give it a try with the updated version, it's really worth it.

Regarding the smiley, there is an option in the bite settings to turn on emoji or replace them with standard characters; it was probably just set to characters.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, TiPb, I love ya but this is getting ridiculous?no other blog I visit has so much forum spam. I know you guys are vigilant and quick to remove it once it's posted, but there HAS to be a better way of keeping it from reaching the forum in the first place.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2