iOS 4.3 Jailbreak - when and how?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I hear comex is pretty close to releasing his JB for 4.3, but is waiting for the verizon phone to come out so Apple cant patch the exploit on the verizon iphones.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I heard he's putting an untethered out for 4.2 because he said a month is a long time to wait. I really hopes he does put out the untether because I'd like to get my iPad off tethered JB but I would understand if he didn't.

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Comex has been working on an untether for the current jailbreak not a new jailbreak. I guess the answer really lies with whether or not shatter was really leaked or not.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I heard he's putting an untethered out for 4.2 because he said a month is a long time to wait. I really hopes he does put out the untether because I'd like to get my iPad off tethered JB but I would understand if he didn't.

That would be great if he released it sooner than that. Him or Geohot, I dont care who gives us the untethered version.

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
That would be great if he released it sooner than that. Him or Geohot, I dont care who gives us the untethered version.

If Geohot is going to release one I would expect it pretty soon considering the problems he is having with Sony. Either that, or maybe someone else has his JB to finish it up and release.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If Geohot is going to release one I would expect it pretty soon considering the problems he is having with Sony. Either that, or maybe someone else has his JB to finish it up and release.

Very true. Hopefully he can get out of this whole mess.

bibeaud

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Comex, Geohot, or whomever....bring it on. We are waiting for the latest untethered jailbreak!!! And thanks for your hard work which most of us will never understand (nor want too)!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
honestly, i gave up on it. tired of getting my hopes up while these guys play their little twitter wars

i'll believe it when i'm downloading it...

really makes you wonder if it's just simply coming to an end and makes me appreciate, even more, when geohot was at the top of the jailbreak scene

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't get the urge to wait for the latest update everytime when there's always going to be an update in the pipeline. Once 4.3 comes out and they get close to jailbreaking it, 4.4 will be on the way and they'll save it for that, and then for 5.0, and then 5.1, 5.2, etc..

So eventually you just have to live in the present and release the thing, otherwise what's the point?

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I'm with you. I would like to see a JB for the upcoming 4.3, but I would be even more happy to have a JB today for 4.2.1 and use it until iOS 5 comes out.

If they have it, use it.

Jailbreaking the idevices is great, but I think it is coming to an end. Right now, it is just a hobby and until it is commercialized and these guys get paid for their JB, it will stay as it is.

Here's to looking for the day when JB's are prompt as these guys want to make money.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm with you. I would like to see a JB for the upcoming 4.3, but I would be even more happy to have a JB today for 4.2.1 and use it until iOS 5 comes out.

If they have it, use it.

Jailbreaking the idevices is great, but I think it is coming to an end. Right now, it is just a hobby and until it is commercialized and these guys get paid for their JB, it will stay as it is.

Here's to looking for the day when JB's are prompt as these guys want to make money.

I'd pay for a JB if it was quick.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
My guess would be as soon as 4.3 is out of beta and into the public hands there will be a JB made available for it. Assuming the exploit hasn't leaked it should be quick and easy to burn that hole and get all the JB'ers on the same firmware again. Then the hunt for holes in 4.4/ios5 will begin!

beez1717

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I for one would like the untethered jailbreak to come out asap. If that happens all the iPad users who got them fir Christmas wont be left to wait, and they might force apple to prematurely update their fix to the current method, giving all the devs more time to work on 5.0 stuff....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73