Jailbreak Screen Power work-around

doncomp

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I got this j.b. OS 4.0 to work on, says the power button don't work so he's got a "on screen work-around", swipe across touch screen brings up options box --
Refresh, Power, ReSpring, More, etc.

I don't like it, for one I don't know where to 'swipe' my finger, and second haven't found the swipe to wake it up or turn it on. Turn it on with USB power. If I play with it while it's on can eventually get the menu pop-up to turn it off.

How do I get rid of it, or learn the secrets of operating it.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I got this j.b. OS 4.0 to work on, says the power button don't work so he's got a "on screen work-around", swipe across touch screen brings up options box --
Refresh, Power, ReSpring, More, etc.

I don't like it, for one I don't know where to 'swipe' my finger, and second haven't found the swipe to wake it up or turn it on. Turn it on with USB power. If I play with it while it's on can eventually get the menu pop-up to turn it off.

How do I get rid of it, or learn the secrets of operating it.

probably has SBSettings installed the swipe gesture by default is to swipe across the status bar at the top where the clock is showing.

You can go into settings to activator if you want to change the swipe gesture to something else. Once you have SBSettings open you can change settings and whatever.

FYI. You might want to do a craigslist search for someone local to fix the power button. I think someone around here charges like $25-30 to fix. Of course you could do it cheaper yourself if you have the know how. Sounds like a pain in the rear to not have a working power button.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
probably has SBSettings installed the swipe gesture by default is to swipe across the status bar at the top where the clock is showing.

You can go into settings to activator if you want to change the swipe gesture to something else. Once you have SBSettings open you can change settings and whatever.

FYI. You might want to do a craigslist search for someone local to fix the power button. I think someone around here charges like $25-30 to fix. Of course you could do it cheaper yourself if you have the know how. Sounds like a pain in the rear to not have a working power button.

It has to be activator.