geohot being sued

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
This is bad news. I kind of wondered if this was going to happen. Sony doesn't f*** around with their security. (Hotz takes hours to crack iPhone firmwares, it took him months to get into the PS3) Best of luck to him. He personally doesn't pirate anything so he may be able to get out of it? Is there a lawyer in the house?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow I guess it would be like if you bought a movie and then ripped it and put it on a site where others could download and burn copies. So even though you own the movie they can still get you for ripping it.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Had he not published the keys on his site he MIGHT have been ok, but quickly glancing at the docs he posted they are going after him for more than just that ( gong after him for his previos blog about jailnreaking the ps3, posting videos showing jailbreakin the ps3 and accepting donations via paypal for his methods).

He's gonna rack up some pretty hefty legal bills but it might be more Sony just trying to bury them in legal bills instead of actually being right.

wcarlson40#IM

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I wondered what this means for future iPhone jailbreak attempts? Even if geohot gives up his cause, everyone else who has the knowledge to create a jailbreak will be gun-shy as well

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
it wont mean anything for iPhone or Android Jailbreak because the companies aren't going after anyone like Sony is, this will mean more to the people hacking the PS3 and XBox 360.

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Courts already ruled that jailbreak is legal for the iPhone, but considering geohot has to turn in all of his computer equipment I doubt we will see his untethered jailbreak anytime soon.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Courts already ruled that jailbreak is legal for the iPhone, but considering geohot has to turn in all of his computer equipment I doubt we will see his untethered jailbreak anytime soon.

i have been thinking this very same thing

he needs to release the kraken!!

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site

I doubt that, I'm sure there's copies of that not on his computer, server, etc so it can still be released.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods