4g with passcode

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I just bought this and don't want to go to 4.2.1 if it doesnt have that already. Is it possible to install a custom firmware without updating the modem firmware? What program to use?

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
no, if you have 4.2.1 on your phone already you cant unless you have the shsh saved for previous blobs..then you can downgrade and do whatever you want...i believe

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You need old saved SHSH files if you wish to restore to something other than 4.2.1, official or custom firmware. But, you could restore to 4.2.1 custom firmware and keep your current baseband. Note that 4.2.1 JB is tethered on IP4.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What I think he's saying is if it doesn't have 4.2 he would like to JB whatever earlier firmware he has without upgrading the baseband. Yes search my username I've put the link up for iClarified tutorials on different methods to JB earlier versions. I beleive you will have to use pwnage tool if you don't want to upgrade the baseband. If you're already on 4.2 then like everyone said you would need your shsh blobs to downgrade and it still wont downgrade your baseband. I'm a little rusty so if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Uh, you have more posts than Apple has made iphones lol....no way i can find that one post.

Basically I need a program to cook a custom 4.2.1 so in case my phone has under 4.1 I can preserve the 1.59 baseband but I cant find the right program I guess or they dont have one for 4.2.1 yet.

What I think he's saying is if it doesn't have 4.2 he would like to JB whatever earlier firmware he has without upgrading the baseband. Yes search my username I've put the link up for iClarified tutorials on different methods to JB earlier versions. I beleive you will have to use pwnage tool if you don't want to upgrade the baseband. If you're already on 4.2 then like everyone said you would need your shsh blobs to downgrade and it still wont downgrade your baseband. I'm a little rusty so if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2