Reset all settings now iPhone 3G caught in reboot loop, please help!

ruthiev86

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
So I have a jailbroken iphone 3g. Last week I bought the 4, so I was planning on deleting everything off the 3g.

My friend said it shouldn't be a problem to just do the "delete all content and data" from the Reset menu in settings, but now the phone won't even boot up anymore.

It will get to the white apple like it's loading, come up with the timing circle, then freeze for a while, and start over again.

I even try hooking it up to my computer with the current version of itunes, and it won't even detect that the 3g is connected at all.

Suggestions? It's supposed to be a present for my sister, but I'm afraid it's just turned into another iBrick.

Thanks!

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Maybe you can try holding down both the power and home button for around 15 seconds or so (or until the itunes logo with the usb cable picture) comes up and then try restoring it using itunes on the computer.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
If you "delete all data..." on a JB phone, you will have to restore the phone. I would recommend restoring to 3.1.3 on 3G iPhone. First, put the phone into recovery or DFU mode, and then, restore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73