Auto Silent and Custom SMS Tone

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

My iPhone 4 is running on the latest tethered Redsn0w jailbreak with SBSettings, Lockinfo and Auto Silent installed. Problem is, Auto Silent, which I bought today, does not mute the custom SMS tone (but mutes everything else). I have it configured so that everything is silent, except for calls and voicemails (emergencies only). Any help, please? I tried this app with BiteSMS, Tlerts and the original Messages app. Each time, new text messages sound off when they're not supposed to. I even tried switching the text tone back to Tri-tone, but that still failed.

Update: I just turn off the notification tone via ringtones in the bitesms setting area. I'm still looking for an easier solution (one button silences all, except for ringer and voicemail)...

Last edited:

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I searched in various iPhone 4 forums, and most people there confirmed AS's compatibility with iOS 4.2.1.

ScotProf

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
@bizfox. I have the same problem. Contacted the devs - had to email a couple of times but then got a response. They told me that several people on 4.2.1 have complained about the app's inability to turn off (or otherwise control) the SMS sound. To my disappointment, they didn't say they'd fix it -- they told me to "get your money back from Cydia" :-(

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73