Newbie Tethered jailbreak question

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked, but I am on iOS 4.2.1 on an iPhone 4 and I know what tethered means. I also know that cydia requires you to reboot a lot as do most jb apps, so my question is do I have to do a tethered reboot anytime I install something and if so should I just power off my phone after installing/updating an app or hit reboot. I tried to jailbreak a few days ago using redsn0w and it got stuck at the apple logo when I rebooted after installing lockinfo. Help!!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
anytime you are required to "reboot" you will have to use redsn0w but instead of selecting the box for Cydia you will need to select the ?Just boot tethered right now" box

also if you ever get stuck with the apple logo just continue on as described as above, follow the prompts for DFU mode and it will reboot properly and no information is lost

Dev-Team Blog - Thanksgiving with Apple

hope this helps

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You can overlook the portion that talks about theme editing, but the rest will give you the basics of SSHing.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Another dumb question, but can I update my apps through the App Store while jailbroken? Just trying not to brick my device lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2