Changing Individual App Icons

CJEscandell

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone...

I searched and searched, but couldn't come up with an easy answer to this. I just downloaded BiteSMS and I'm in love with it, but I would like to change the icon to the regular green speech-bubble icon that comes standard with the built-in texting. Is there anyway aside from going deep into the bowels of the iPhone and changing codes and things to do this, because I am technologically impared? I don't want an entire theme, just to change the one singular picture!!

Thanks for your help!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think there's something called "bitesms to messages icon" or something similar that you can use with Winterboard. Search in Cydia for it.

CJEscandell

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
thanks, massie! that was surprisingly extremely easy. Now, while I'm on the topic, how do I make an unwanted app icon disappear? I find winterboard themes that make all of them disappear, but that'snot what I want, and I don't know how to manipulate it to my advantage!! I used to have a cydia app that just let you hide them, but i don't remember what it was called!

rickydross

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
What about for other apps? Like if I want to change the Messages icon, for example. Also, if I'm using a theme (the one I'm currently using is app icons only), can I still change the icon?

EDIT: Never mind, iFile (and trial and error) FTW

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice