Iphone 4, 4.2.1, broken after jailbreak
Hi all and merry xmas to everyone.
Right now I can't seem to be able to restore the Iphone4 (bought off a friend) with ****loads of errors from Itunes (all the classical ones 1015, 3194 and so on).
Here's a short history of what happened
- Bought it after a friend
- Iphone was disabled (too many attempts at entering the PIN)
- Instead of doing a restore from Itunes, I jailbreaked it with redsnow 9.6.b6 and Pwnage tool (all apparently successfully) ---> however at first reboot the iphone was STILL disabled.
- Then I Made the bad mistake of restoring it to 4.2.1 with broadband update.
Since then the Iphone is stuck in restore mode. What I have been trying for the past days:
- Run TinyUmbrella -> Restore to factory defaults, with either firmware downloaded from Apple or by simply pressing the Restore button and let itunes work the magic. This approach fails with either error 1015, 3194.
- No TinyUmbrella, modify hostfile to point the gs.apple.com to either Cydia or localhost. Same error
So far the Iphone is obviously stuck in restore mode, with the itunes logo on the screen whenever I plug it into the computer.
Some additional informations:
- Right now the Iphone4 doesn't contain a SIM inside and/or the one it contains is not activated.
- Jailbreaking with redsnow or other tools seems to be working fine, the problem lies elsewhere afaik.
- I do not have any SHSH blobs, neither from Cidya nor from ufficial apple repositories.
I do not mind a tethered 4.2.1 jailbreaken iphone, but at the moment the biggest issue is getting it factory restored, jailbreak and the rest, I can take care of.
Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.