iPhone Firmware 4.2.1 shows as DMG file on Windows

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
:mad: I have looked for the past day for an answer to this question.

I downloaded the 4.2.1 OS to my Windows PC but when I extract it the files are DMG files and Redsn0w doesn?t recognize them nor do I, how do I get these to IPSW files or is there a separate windows downloadable firmware for the iPhone 3G ?

Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Why are you extracting it? you download the ipsw and then you run Redsn0w and point it at the ipsw. Unless it runs differently on Windows? I have the 4.2.1 ipsw anyway so if you need it let me know by PM and I can throw it in my Dropbox for you.

Reactions: Pete Sake

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate it !! but the problem was IE, it kept downloading the dmg files so a quick switch to Firefox with the same file downloaded them as IPSW, dont know what the deal is probably some beef with Microsoft and Apple...lol I Jailbroke the iPhone 3G and unlocked it but now im running into problems.

1. Springboard keeps crashing when i try to compose a text message
2. Battery life is Horrible
3. iPhone runs very slow

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
it's a 3G, did you enable multi-tasking and wallpaper through the JB? You may need to Re-JB to get it to stop crashing or it may be one of the themes or apps you've installed. If you enabled multi-tasking and wallpaper I'd say redo it and leave them off then get Winterboard and enable your wallpaper that way.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen