Newbie Qs: ISPW files

shareme69

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
I been looking around at jailbreaking etc and I havent bothered to do it yet.
Ive had iphone 3gs and now i have a release day iphone4 which has the latest firmware installed.
I dont need to unlock my phone as it is direct from apple, unlocked.

All I want to do is be able to customise my phone.
Id love to be able to bluetooth pictures with friends etc.

but my main todo is sms tones. I know theyve released aloada new ones but theyre all rubbish.

My question is: is it possible to just edit an ispw file to change the sms tones contained inside and update the phone with that, so theres no need to jailbreak etc?

i cant seem to find anything on this anywhere. there is alot of old information about it, nothing up to date and most things point to pwnagetool.

i used to hack my sony ericsson phones, which i must say were alot easier to hack!

Thanks.
S

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Hey all,
I been looking around at jailbreaking etc and I havent bothered to do it yet.
Ive had iphone 3gs and now i have a release day iphone4 which has the latest firmware installed.
I dont need to unlock my phone as it is direct from apple, unlocked.

All I want to do is be able to customise my phone.
Id love to be able to bluetooth pictures with friends etc.

but my main todo is sms tones. I know theyve released aloada new ones but theyre all rubbish.

My question is: is it possible to just edit an ispw file to change the sms tones contained inside and update the phone with that, so theres no need to jailbreak etc?

i cant seem to find anything on this anywhere. there is alot of old information about it, nothing up to date and most things point to pwnagetool.

i used to hack my sony ericsson phones, which i must say were alot easier to hack!

Thanks.
S

No, there would need to be a specific ipsw customizing tool that would need coding to pull that off. Since 99.9% of people just edit them after they are jailbroken, it wouldnt make much sense to put the time and effort into something that so few would use. Just jailbreak your device and change as little or as much as you like...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2