Unlock for iPhone 4 firmware 4.1

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi all. I've been out of the loop for a while and just acquired an iPhone 4 fir my wife and was wondering if the unlock for this is available yet and if not then dare I ask what is the ETA on it?

larryganz

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
So if we are using a jailbroken iPhone 4 with iOS 4.01 that is unlocked, and want to update to 4.1 while preserving the 1.59 baseband with pwnagetool or tinyumbrella TSS server on, can we still not unlock it with Ultrasn0w after that?

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
The iOS 4.2 JB will be available before Christmas from what I am reading.

Will the new JB allow unlock, though? I thought once the baseband was updated, ultrasn0w wouldn't work anymore. Are they going to update ultrasn0w to work with the new baseband, or will unlockers still have to go the TinyUmbrella route?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
So if we are using a jailbroken iPhone 4 with iOS 4.01 that is unlocked, and want to update to 4.1 while preserving the 1.59 baseband with pwnagetool or tinyumbrella TSS server on, can we still not unlock it with Ultrasn0w after that?

Thats a different story. If you preserve the baseband then it will work. If you have any baseband higher than 01.59.00 on an iPhone4, you wont be able to unlock, and there is no ETA.

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but about a month and half ago i remember reading about an unlock for all devices was coming out soon but never needed to look into it deeper as I didn't need it until now. Am I mistaken or was that the plan but it just didn't work out? I've got this brand new iPhone 4 sitting on my desk that I'm just basically using as paperweight so I'm a bit anxious to hear some information. Thanks

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but about a month and half ago i remember reading about an unlock for all devices was coming out soon but never needed to look into it deeper as I didn't need it until now. Am I mistaken or was that the plan but it just didn't work out? I've got this brand new iPhone 4 sitting on my desk that I'm just basically using as paperweight so I'm a bit anxious to hear some information. Thanks

when an unlock comes out, it always can unlock anything, but Apple soon patches it.

If ur modem firmware is 1.59 or under, you CAN unlock now.