battery drain issue, original sim card

shanti.vt1

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I have a bell Iphone 3gs unlocked so I can use it on Telus. I have ordered a Bell sim card for 5 bucks.

Do I just put it in my iphone and hook it up to itunes to activate. I do not want to restore my phone, all my apps and everything is working well except for the battery drain.

Once the sim card is in do I take it out and put my Telus sim?

thanksl

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Was the phone hackivated? If yes, I believe you will have to restore the phone, activate, and then, re-JB. Problem with restoring a 3GS is that it requires SHSH checks and you need to be careful with keeping the baseband if you need to unlock the phone.

shanti.vt1

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I have my ssh saved via cydia and also I upgraded my baseband to 6.15. I heard it is pain to restore and keep it at 4.1. I have checked youtube and googled but too much info out there.. getting confused...

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
This should work:
1) Create or find a custom 4.1 firmware file (Not hackivated and keeps current baseband).
2) If you have saved 4.1 SHSH hashes in Tinyumbrella, start "TSS Server..."
3) Use Pwnagetool or Redsnow to put the phone into a special DFU mode.
4) In iTunes and with official carrier sim in the phone, restore with the custom firmware file from step #1.
5) Activate the phone through iTunes.
6) On the phone through Cydia, install Ultrasnow to unlock the phone.
7) use whatever sim card you want.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
HI Myzhi ,

got most of the direction, only part is #1. So I have to look for a custom 4.1 firmware with Baseband 6.15 correct.

Thanks

No. Much more easy to find a custom 4.1 firmware that does not change the baseband. In your case, it would just keep the iPad 6.15 baseband.

shanti.vt1

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
This is not mine info, but would this work for me to restore to 4.1 without baseband?

1.Download 4.1 IPSW for 3GS
2.Once downloaded, rightclick on IPSW file > Open with... > WinRAR.
3.Inside archive, delete file named 018-7073-079.dmg
4.Save the same file, DO NOT CREATE new one.
5.Open iTunes and make SHIFT-RESTORE with the IPSW you just edited/saved. Do not disconnect iPhone at any moment, just wait until iTunes gives you XX Error when trying to update baseband/iPhone Firmware (the file we deleted from the IPSW file is actually the baseband firmware)
6.When everything is complete, phone should restart and turn on waiting for activation.

If phone reboots in recovery mode try to kick it out of recovery (iReb)
If this fails you have done something wrong, try the above procedure more carefully...