Visit site
IMG_0155.png

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Worked like a charm, thank you sir!!!!

Can you elaborate a bit on the instructions? Specifically this part:

go into your themes and find SlantedLock.theme>Private>images>slbkg24hr

now, you're going to have to add 24 images of the same into this folder and then rename to what the existing files are named

for example:

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
etc...

Are you making 24 copies of the slbkg24hr image and renaming them to 0.jpg, etc? I'm just having a hard time deciphering that.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Massie, sorry for the confusion

inside the slbkg24hr folder are 24 images (0.jpg - 23.jpg), those are the ones you want to replace with your own image but still use the existing names (0.jpg - 23.jpg)

you can either overwrite the existing images or make copies of the originals if you wish to keep them

let me know if you get this to work :)

Can you elaborate a bit on the instructions? Specifically this part:

go into your themes and find SlantedLock.theme>Private>images>slbkg24hr

now, you're going to have to add 24 images of the same into this folder and then rename to what the existing files are named

for example:

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
etc...

Are you making 24 copies of the slbkg24hr image and renaming them to 0.jpg, etc? I'm just having a hard time deciphering that.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
you'll need to gain access to the system files of the device.

it can be done on the device itself: iFile · Cydia (i prefer this one)

or on your computer. if you are using a PC you can use WinSCP :: How do I connect to my iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad? or iPhone Folders (i use this one)

if you're on a MAC i'm not exactly sure what the best option is..(anyone?)

..... then follow the directions i gave above. hope this helps

If you're on a Mac you can use Cyberduck, just remember to change the default password if your SSHing to the phone.

How about iPads? Anybody got any good themes?

Reactions: BLiNK

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
On my 3G I had OpenSSH and I used to SSH in to change all sorts of things. Since then I haven't used it really so I sort of didn't want to bother opening my iPhone 4 up to that again. However going through this thread and the inability to connect to the iPhone file system using iPhone Explorer I decided to get back into it. So I read through a bit of the site that Ally provided links to and I installed OpenSSH, changed my password on my iPhone 4 and did a quick change to the Glass Orb theme. I didn't have much time before I started work so it's not much off a change I know but anyway

img0198.png

I'll be making full themes now that I'm all set up. The only question I have is the wallpaper I used is already iPhone 4 res but when I put it into the theme it seems to be stretched does the wallpaper also have to have the @2x.png? I figured out the problem it doesn't need the @2x but however I have another questions from the solution. The solution was to resize the wallpaper to 320x480 which is 3G/3Gs res? What am I doing wrong with my theme that I need to use lower res is it because the icons are low res versions?

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

lookin' good!

*tip for the shadows behind the non-traditional shaped icons on the switcher, dock and wallpaper (for iPhone 4)

SSH to: System > Library > Core Services > Spingboard.app > [edit the following files]

SwitcherIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

WallpaperIconDockShadow@2x~iphone.png

WallpaperIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

put a 1 in the front of the files to rename them, for example:

1SwitcherIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

1WallpaperIconDockShadow@2x~iphone.png

1WallpaperIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

reset your theme in winterboard and respring

this will remove the shadows from behind the icons due to them not being traditionally shaped. then of course remove the 1 to go back

let me know if this works :)

Reactions: Ipheuria

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You rock I will try that tomorrow I was actually trying to figure that out. I tried it and it worked perfectly. :D

I have a question for you, I have 3 icons for
iTunes, Camera and Photos but nothing I do they will not change:confused:

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Totally off-topic for a second, but do you use BlogPress a lot? I want a good app to use with Blogger...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You rock I will try that tomorrow I was actually trying to figure that out. I tried it and it worked perfectly. :D

I have a question for you, I have 3 icons for
iTunes, Camera and Photos but nothing I do they will not change:confused:

Saw this somewhere:

"For the Camera Icon - ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.camera
Add "Icon.png" & "Icon@2x.png"

For the Photos Icon - ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.mobileslideshow
Add "icon.png" & "icon@2x.png"

Hope it helps...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Totally off-topic for a second, but do you use BlogPress a lot? I want a good app to use with Blogger...

I used it a couple times and it was alright, I also tried the Wordpress app. I liked Blogpress you should give it a try.

Thanks Massie I will give that a shot, another question although I will try to figure it out myself do you guys know where the stock icons are? I downloaded Applications from inside stash where I found some but not all.

after I found this link from the original link
File Locations: Jailbreak and unlock the iPhone - Graphics locations

So with your awesome help and using the site that was linked on the first page here are my customizations so far :D

Battery
img0201.png

Homescreen
img0202v.png

Icons
img0203.png

I still can't get a few of the stock icons to change and the carrier logo is being a pain in the arse but I'll get on it at noon.

Last edited:

IamGov#IM

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
So I have tried various lock screens and non are working on my viphone. Just getting a basic black screen with a lock icon. Using winterboard.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Nice theme. Could you tell me the name? Thanks.

There's a couple themes on the page so you should quote the theme, put the posters name in the question so we know which one you're talking about? Mine is a mix of my own customization and the jPhone 1.2 theme.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR