Post your lock screens or homescreens

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Too late... but you can bet your last dollar that I will in the future...

Oh, well, i wanted to restore and clean stuff up anyway, I suppose... I had had several "false starts" with the whole JB thing in the past, and wonder if that could have caused some of the issues... so a clean start will be good... but I will NOT make that mistake again...

Thanks for your help/suggestions... and I will read things carefully and completely in the future!

sometimes restoring is good after a heavy amount of tweaking/theming in my opinion.. and making sure to backup custom folders :D

i Restore as New though. time consuming but worth it .. mentally :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you set a wallpaper, what is the one thing that messes it up? The folders......... and Voila LOL

img0222.png

making an alternate with no ring at all just floating icons ;)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I understood what happend I was offering to send you my cache folder and you could put it back on your phone but no worries now. Well let me know if you still have the icon issue and I can send you my theme and you see if it makes a difference.

I'd like that... I PMed me email address... thanks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
sometimes restoring is good after a heavy amount of tweaking/theming in my opinion.. and making sure to backup custom folders :D

i Restore as New though. time consuming but worth it .. mentally :)

Indeed.

I have almost everything back now... still have the phone icon issue... and for the life of me, I can't manage to get LockInfo back with a custom background... (maybe I never did, could just be losing it! :) )

Gonna go search for a "how to"... *sigh*

Boy, this modding is fun! :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
NICE! tutorial on how to make the transparent folders please :D

No problemo coming up in one minute. Hank I'll email you the theme you upload it via SSH to the themes directory and then set it active in Winterboard let us know what happens.

Transparent Folders(Maybe I'll see if someone wants to host it on Cydia?)
Instead of copying the info I'll link to the info about changing the folder and folder background here.

You'll need the original folder icon or you can use the one from whatever theme you have if it has one. Then open it in an image editor I use Photoshop but I've heard GIMP is a free alternative. The folder icon is called FolderIconBG~iphone.png then you can select everything within the silver ring in photoshop you can use the magic wand it's very easy. Then use the Background eraser and clear just one spot once you do that hitting delete will clear everything within the selection leaving it transparent. If you don't use the background eraser it will just erase to white leaving a white background. Once you've got it the way you want save it and apply your theme. :D If any of you want it since I've already altered it shoot me a PM or email.

Last edited:
Reactions: mededitor

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok so no point getting it hosted then LOL meh prefer to use my own method because I can incorporate it into my theme instead of using another add on.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok so no point getting it hosted then LOL meh prefer to use my own method because I can incorporate it into my theme instead of using another add on.

True,

can you show me one that works? haven't found one worth a **** yet - iP4 iOS 4.2.1

I tried Clear folder background background from BigBoss and Clear Folders Theme from the Zodttd repo, I don't remember which one worked, but one of them definitely does on 4.2.1 on the iPhone 4.

Reactions: BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried Clear folder background background from BigBoss and Clear Folders Theme from the Zodttd repo, I don't remember which one worked, but one of them definitely does on 4.2.1 on the iPhone 4.

Clear folder background background from BigBoss Winner! looks pretty sweet!

thank you sir! and thanks Ipheuria for the, as always, helpful info :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Clear folder background background from BigBoss Winner! looks pretty sweet!

thank you sir! and thanks Ipheuria for the, as always, helpful info :)

no problemo I kinda knew it was probably done before but the cool thing is it opens up so many possibilities :D I want to do a border with electricity flowing around it LOL

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, Ipheuria and BLiNK... this is getting stupid AND more frustrating... I have everything the way I want it now... but everything is in separate themes... it works perfectly (?) that way... but as soon as I try to combine anything, it all goes south...

I'm going to leave it alone for a bit and come back to it... maybe I can figure out how to make it work together... but maybe the "modular" approach isn't so bad, after all. :)

In Winterboard, top to bottom here's what I have:

biteSMS BlackRetina 1.1 theme
Hank HD (Ipheuria's custom icons, renamed)
Bears_Slider
Blue Apple Clean (the theme that caused all the problems)
Clear Native Folders without Shadow Theme (referenced recently by BLiNK, and others)

And I DO APPRECIATE the assistance from both of these cool guys...

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok, Ipheuria and BLiNK... this is getting stupid AND more frustrating... I have everything the way I want it now... but everything is in separate themes... it works perfectly (?) that way... but as soon as I try to combine anything, it all goes south...

I'm going to leave it alone for a bit and come back to it... maybe I can figure out how to make it work together... but maybe the "modular" approach isn't so bad, after all. :)

In Winterboard, top to bottom here's what I have:

biteSMS BlackRetina 1.1 theme
Hank HD (Ipheuria's custom icons, renamed)
Bears_Slider
Blue Apple Clean (the theme that caused all the problems)
Clear Native Folders without Shadow Theme (referenced recently by BLiNK, and others)

And I DO APPRECIATE the assistance from both of these cool guys...

i wouldn't worry so much about combining them all together..? i'm thinking you need to move the Blue Apple Clean to the top and all should be good?

maybe its the icons that are in separate folders throwing it off..

i have separate folders to collectively tweak my set up the way it is but all of my custom icons are in one folder

is the Blue Apple Clean used for the wallpaper exclusively?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i wouldn't worry so much about combining them all together..? i'm thinking you need to move the Blue Apple Clean to the top and all should be good?

maybe its the icons that are in separate folders throwing it off..

i have separate folders to collectively tweak my set up the way it is but all of my custom icons are in one folder

is the Blue Apple Clean used for the wallpaper exclusively?

No, it's the base theme (backgrounds, fonts, font colors, and a few custom icons that aren't in the other sources) ... I guess THAT is the real issue... some icons here, some there... regardless of where the themes are in the list, something is getting in the way of other stuff... so I've been tweaking and renaming the ones I DON'T want so they are "out of the way" and can let the other versions "show through".

In at least one case, the icons are referenced by different names... the base theme (and the info from SBSettings' App Folder list) calls it Settings (but the path says "Preferences"), the icons from Ipheuria calls it Preferences... that's the messy part... and no matter what I do, I cannot get the "phone" icon to work if I try to put it in the theme...

Oh, well... I have learned a lot about how the "innerds" of this iPhone beast works... so it's not all for naught. :)

It also looks like I got it all done just in time for the GA release of iOS 4.3... nothing there that I need bad enough to give up all that I have done here tho :D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal