Need jailbreak advice

SeeVeeN

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I've had an iPhone for almost two years now (3G) and I'm now thinking about jailbreaking it, but I need some advice since I am new to jailbreaking.

First, my phone details:

Version: 3.1.3 (7E18)
Model: MB702LL
Firmware: 05.12.01

Also, I am using a Windows 7 (64 bit) computer and using iTunes 10.X.

So, my questions are: 1. Which jailbreak software should I use?
2. Should I jailbreak 3.1.3 or upgrade to 4.2.1 first and then jailbreak? (I'm weary about the performance on 4.2.1)
3. Given 2. above, what are my options for restoring back to pre-jailbreak condition?
4. What should I do before attempting the jailbreak - backup, saving files, etc.?

Thanks for your help and advice.

newguy7

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The one thing I can add to this based on experience is, Win7 64bit can cause some trouble with the jailbreaking. I tried for several days trying to jailbreak my girlfriend's 3G under 4.1, according to all the guides it was a matter of using snowbreeze and it would be simple, however i kept getting errors and the phone kept freezing while in DFU mode. I tried running snowbreeze under xp compability mode and still no success. Finally i pulled out my laptop with XP pro and the jailbreak took no more than 5 minutes, which brought me to the conclusion Win7 had caused the errors. Mind you I also swapped to several USB ports while trying to get it accomplished and nothing worked. I hope this helps and my issue might be an isolated one.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
The one thing I can add to this based on experience is, Win7 64bit can cause some trouble with the jailbreaking. I tried for several days trying to jailbreak my girlfriend's 3G under 4.1, according to all the guides it was a matter of using snowbreeze and it would be simple, however i kept getting errors and the phone kept freezing while in DFU mode. I tried running snowbreeze under xp compability mode and still no success. Finally i pulled out my laptop with XP pro and the jailbreak took no more than 5 minutes, which brought me to the conclusion Win7 had caused the errors. Mind you I also swapped to several USB ports while trying to get it accomplished and nothing worked. I hope this helps and my issue might be an isolated one.

Sn0wbreeze is crap. I wouldn't use his tools...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2