Keeping old files & app info after jailbreak

gbelford

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I apologize in advance if this has already been answered but I searched and could not find anything...

I have a jailbroken iPad on 3.2.1., but I'm getting quite antsy about 4.2., and especially since I've just ordered a new aTV, I would like to get the full benefits from Airplay.

So I'm considering doing the tethered jailbreak for 4.2.

Now my main question is: What would be the best way to keep all my files (music, videos, e-books etc.) as well as app info (things/omnifocus to-dos, pages and numbers documents, etc.) keeping in mind that these apps were not exactly app store bought.

I realize that the after the JB all the apps that haven't been synced with iTunes will not restore, but what if I did a backup on iTunes, then went ahead with the jailbreak, then re-DL'd the apps and then did the restore from backup.

Would that allow me to get back all the documents & to-do lists back, or do I just have to assume that I'll lose them forever?

Apologize for the lengthy post, but it's pretty much the one thing that's been holding me back from upgrading to 4.2.

Thank you very much in advance.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Sync all your apps to itunes now and then do a backup of the iPad to itunes. Upgrade your iPad to 4.2.1, then jailbreak, then reload apps from itunes, then restore from backup. That's how I would do it.

Reactions: gbelford

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative