4.2.1 untethered is almost here...

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm really hoping one doesn't require blobs. I REALLY need to swap out my iPhone 4. My power button is recessed and gives next to no feedback but I don't want to swap it and risk getting an iPhone with 4.2.1 pre-installed. Sigh... it's a 50/50 chance I'm not willing to take.

I've taken it apart and fixed it and it just does it again after a day or so.

*crosses fingers for a no blob solution soon*

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm really hoping one doesn't require blobs. I REALLY need to swap out my iPhone 4. My power button is recessed and gives next to no feedback but I don't want to swap it and risk getting an iPhone with 4.2.1 pre-installed. Sigh... it's a 50/50 chance I'm not willing to take.

why not just order a new button. then you get to keep your phone

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'll be happy as can be when this finally comes out but not in a huge rush since im JB on 4.2.1. Yeah it's tethered but since doing it I have rebooted twice on my own while at home to install something. It's been easy to maintain and deal with.

Artstar

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
And that comment had what merit?

...to simply relax and let it all happen when it does. If it is required sooner, then just go for the redsn0w tethered solution for now as I have and when the untethered option becomes available, move over to that.

But to carry on with the same comment that has been said over and over again in this thread (let alone countless others) seems a little childish.

Anyway, hopefully nobody mysteriously gets leprosy from their inability to be patient.

colemaneuclid

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope it comes out soon as I just had my phone replaced tonight. It came with 4.1, but with the 4.2 JB around the corner I'm just going to install the new software now and wait rather than doing everything twice.
And now it really doesn't matter as I can't save my 4.1 blobs for the new phone. Guess I'll have to go back to the vanilla flavor for a while.

Last edited:

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I hope it comes out soon as I just had my phone replaced tonight. It came with 4.1, but with the 4.2 JB around the corner I'm just going to install the new software now and wait rather than doing everything twice.
And now it really doesn't matter as I can't save my 4.1 blobs for the new phone. Guess I'll have to go back to the vanilla flavor for a while.

You could have used TinyUmbrella to save your 4.1 blobs before you upgraded to 4.2.1.

colemaneuclid

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
You could have used TinyUmbrella to save your 4.1 blobs before you upgraded to 4.2.1.

I have my blobs for my original iP4, but last night it wouldn't turn on or respond to any actions so I had it replaced. Due to Apple not signing 4.1 anymore I upgraded to 4.2.1 knowing the untethered JB is hopefully just around the corner.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site

I'm in the same situation sort of. I just restored my phone back to stock with 4.2.1 because my Home button completely failed. I had to swap mine out with the Genius Bar. Loving the new phone and really liking the stock OS speed but miss so many of the conveniences. I have been trying to convince myself I am not going to jailbreak again but I know deep down inside I probably will when the untethered option comes back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR