Uninstall Jailbreak?

queequeg#IM

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi!

I'm new to the whole jailbreak scene - I only bought my first ever iPod Touch 4g last week. I installed the greenp0ison jailbreak but, I'm now upgrading to a larger one & selling this one I need to uninstall jailbreak and restore to 4.1.

I saved the SHSH blobs with tinyumbrella - this is because when I first bought it I upgraded to 4.2, but then wanting to jailbreak, I followed the guide on here to restore it to 4.1 & then jailbreak.

So my question is: can I just hit "Restore" in iTunes to uninstall the jailbreak, or perhaps will updating to the 4.2 through itunes work? Or are there more steps I need to take like putting it into DFU mode etc?

Last edited:

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
You didn't read the topic "Read before posting" or any of the other topics marked with a sticky on this forum, did you?

queequeg#IM

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I did, actually... including the part in the FAQ about JB being reversible. But I must not have understood well enough to feel it was clear to me and I just reached out to be certain. In that case, I am sorry for posting and I did not mean to anger members :(

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Don't pay attention to lazy people who just wanna boost their post count. All you need to do is plug your phone up and just click restore and it will erase all the jailbreak. Then when it's done just, since you want to sell it, just restore as a new iPhone and you will be good to go

Last edited:

queequeg#IM

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't pay attention to lazy people who just wanna boost their post count. All you need to do is plug your phone up and just click restore and it will erase all the jailbreak. Then when it's done just, since you want to sell it, just restore as a new iPhone and you will be good to go

Thankyou, Coastie. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice