**please help***3gs***

snipergns

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

3GS
4.1 (8B117)
Vista

Very!! new to this jail-broke and unlocked one other phone with "older" firmware.

MY phone is currently not Jailbroken or unlocked can someone please tell me what are the steps and correct software I need to do this.

I currently have new redsn0w iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore already. I also have green poison, sprint and snowbreeze too.

I guess the question is do i have do update my phone via itunes b4 I run redsn0w to jailbreak because when i select the restore it hangs.

It is hard for me to explain but I hope I make scene to a jedi.

Thanks,

Sx-

snipergns

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I jail broke it.. I don't have the program on the phone.. When I open redsn0w what IPSW do I choose the ipad one right? and click install cidia.. can someone help me with this next step.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I don't think I jail broke it.. I don't have the program on the phone.. When I open redsn0w what IPSW do I choose the ipad one right? and click install cidia.. can someone help me with this next step.

No, you dont need the iPad one any longer they fixed that. You need the 4.2.1 ipsw. Make sure install cydia is checked as well as use iPad baseband.

snipergns

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
redsn0w.exe has stopped working.. program closed there is a hard drive on my phone atm.

****TRIED IT AGAIN**** IT IS LOADING with the pinapplele running....

Last edited:

snipergns

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have cydia on the phone but it is white and will not open. 3G is off and there is a active wifi connection to the unit.

Can I get some help please?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I have cydia on the phone but it is white and will not open. 3G is off and there is a active wifi connection to the unit.

Can I get some help please?

You need to run redsn0w again and this time choose just boot tethered right now. You will need to do this everytime you boot the phone.

bignshiny

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same iphone as you, and I have preformed the exact same process as you, but ultrasn0w does not work for me..... Is ultrasn0w working for?

snipergns

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
installed ultrasn0w and on reboot stuck on apple screen

rebooted with redsn0w and opened cydia and it show ultrasn0w is installed

Last edited:

bignshiny

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
open redsn0w > select current firmware > click "just boot tethered right now" > then you should be good. let me know if the unlock worked for you

snipergns

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Mission Accomplished.. Full Jail Break and Unlock. T-Moble PHone/MMS working like a charm..

Any free programs of of cydia you would suggest..

P.S thanks to all for the tid-bits it helped, and thanks for forcing me to get a PHD in this.. now I know!!!!!

Sx-