Results 1 to 25 of 118
- 11-28-2010, 05:06 PM #2
- 11-28-2010, 10:10 PM #3
The new redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 is out. It gives both Windows and OSX users the ability to flash the iPad 06.15 baseband on iPhone3G or iPhone3GS. It fetches the baseband files directly from Apple for now (the only IPSW you ever point it at is the stock IPSW for the FW on your iPhone right now). There may be a long delay while it’s doing this (their servers are currently getting pounded).
* OSX (SHA1 a322ec2c9e91993eca21abaf2e655bb44de3d7d4)
* Windows (SHA1 7250416e17c3aea9838cdfc73712b38b025e2ed0) (Windows 7 and Vista users, please run redsn0w as Administrator in “XP Compatiblity Mode”)
If you do flash your baseband via redsn0w, please keep it plugged into USB the whole time. You don’t want your battery to die during the flash process!
- 11-28-2010, 10:38 PM #6
- 11-29-2010, 12:42 AM #8iPhone Newbie
- 34 Posts
I went through the above steps to jailbreak an Iphone 3g. Everything went as expected, and the Cydia Icon is available. However, I've got a couple of problems:
1. I can't get the phone to shut down? I get the "Slide to power off", but it immediately jumps back to the "slide to unlock" screen instead of shutting down.
2. Cydia opens, but just says "Loading". It eventually comes up to a "Unable to Load (The reequest timed out.)" screen, but I can never install the unlock.
-- Update - I tried accessing Cydia on my Iphone 4 to see if it was down, and it worked fine.
Last edited by jtrevill; 11-29-2010 at 12:45 AM.
- 11-29-2010, 03:11 AM #9
- 11-29-2010, 05:10 AM #10
- 11-29-2010, 11:53 AM #12
I'm going unlock a spare 3G I have this evening, but I haven't Jailbroken it yet though. Its got 4.1, 05.14.02. If I use windows, what the best tool for Jailbreaking first? Should I update to 4.2 prior to Jailbreak and subsequent unlock? I know to use the new redsn0w for the unlock after jailbreaking. Thanks.
- 11-29-2010, 12:12 PM #13Gimme a vector, Victor. I'm coming home. Roger, Roger. Huh?
- 11-29-2010, 01:13 PM #16
- 11-29-2010, 02:23 PM #18
Many of us are afraid to update our 05.14 basebands to 06.15 given the risks involved. We are dying for an answer to this simple question. Will 05.14.02 be cracked (unlocked) after further hard work at Chronic Dev? I would prefer to wait for that.. Please and thanks!
- 11-29-2010, 03:08 PM #20Gimme a vector, Victor. I'm coming home. Roger, Roger. Huh?
- 11-29-2010, 03:12 PM #21
- 11-29-2010, 03:31 PM #23
- 11-29-2010, 04:12 PM #25
Last edited by G Bananas; 11-29-2010 at 04:14 PM.