- 10-21-2011, 08:06 AM #101
- 10-24-2011, 02:39 PM #102
I have figured out that most of the iPhone 3GS selling on ebay.com or craigslist are most probably unlocked with their baseband updated to 6.xx which is an iPad baseband and this screws up the GPS i guess.
Is it possible for me to buy an AT&T locked iPhone 3GS and unlock / Jailbreak myself while PRESERVING the baseband ??? If yes then please point me to some tutorials for the same and what all locked phones (which baseband i mean) are eligible for the unlock / jailbreak with preserving the baseband.
- 10-26-2011, 08:47 AM #103
- 11-03-2011, 06:32 AM #104
- 11-04-2011, 12:50 AM #105
- 11-26-2011, 11:08 PM #106
- 11-28-2011, 01:51 AM #107
Connect to WiFi, jump to Cydia and see if you have installed ultrasn0w. If so, try rebooting* the device. If not, install ultrasn0w and Cydia will prompt you to reboot*. After that you should have cellular connection.
* Don't forget to use your computer to boot up the tethered phone.
Last edited by iDonev; 11-28-2011 at 01:57 AM.
- 12-14-2011, 03:42 PM #108iPhone Nanite
- 5 Posts
Any place to download older Redsnow release 0.9.6rc8 .. I can only find rc16 and it doesn't work with my 3G when it goes to fetch the ipad 6.15 it just autoclose.. any way to fix this?
Here is my post if you need more info:
- 12-15-2011, 05:12 AM #109
- 12-22-2011, 06:57 PM #110
I just jailbreaked with redsn0w version b8 last night with my iPhone 3GS to 5.0.1. I successfully turned my iPhone into iPod as after trying to open the cydia for ultrasn0w, it just disappeared. I tried reboot and re-jailbreak. to no avail. cydia won't come back. so i am stuck with an iPod now. what to do. anybody can help? thanks
- 12-23-2011, 11:09 AM #111
You probably have a new bootrom iphone and jailbroken tethered.you need to boot tethered( just boot option from redsnow extras). After that you will be able to unlock from cydia.each time you turn off you need to boot tethered, untill an untethered jailbreak will be out ,or downgrade to older firmware,4.1 if you do not have any shsh saved
- 12-25-2011, 08:15 PM #112iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
iPhone 3g stuck in recovery loop.
PLEASE HELP! I can't afford a new phone so I really need to get this fixed. I have an iPhone 3g on 4.2.1 and 6.15.00 base band. It is jail broken and unlocked and for the past couple weeks my phone has been randomly going into recovery mode. Every time I would just do a hard reset and the phone would come out of recovery mode. But now when I try a hard reset it goes to the apple logo screen and then to the connect to iTunes screen. I can't restore my phone because I'm on iPad base band. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anyway to fix it?
- 12-26-2011, 04:08 AM #113
- 12-27-2011, 02:37 PM #114
I really need help on this
So, I had a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3gs on 4.1. Today, I wanted to upgrade it to ios5 jailbreak, so I followed each step on here iClarified (Downloaded ios5, made a custom ipsw, used that to restore my phone and then did a tethered reboot, but when I rebooted, it takes me to the standard configiration page on my phone, not the home or lock screen, and then complains about the sim being wrong. I don't know where I could have gone wrong, and I don't have anywhere to take it into a apple support store, as there isn't one in my entire country. Any ideas?
- 12-28-2011, 03:02 PM #115iPhone Newbie
- 28 Posts
3GS Unlock Help
OK so I guess either I missed something or I'm confused and need a little bit of help. I have read the instructions for getting a 3GS onto baseband 06.15.00 but I'm on a PC and cant run the pwnage tool. How do I use redsnow to tell it to do the custom ipsw with the ipad baseband?
- 12-30-2011, 03:02 AM #116
PS: if you're upgrading to iOS 5.0.1 it might be worth waiting until sn0wbreeze incorporates the latest untethered jailbreak. If you can't wait, Jailbreak using the tethered option and then install the Corona tweak from Cydia.
Last edited by iDonev; 12-30-2011 at 03:10 AM.
- 01-13-2012, 03:49 PM #117
Do I need an unlock to use a 3GS with no data plan?
I started on AT&T with a dumbphone with data/texting disabled (kids kepts hitting it on accident). Then got a used 2G. I jailbroke/unlocked/hacktivated it, and use it with no data or texting plan, effectively making it an iTouch that can also make voice calls. I received a hand-me-down 3GS for xmas, and I'm working on trying to get to the same state I'm at now but with the better phone.
It's been a while since I jailbroke the 2G, and from what I've read it's trickier to JB newer phones/OSes the right way. At present the unmodified phone is running iOS 5.01, have the "old" bootrom, and have baseband 05.16.05. I have downloaded the IPSW for 5.01 and the latest redsn0w.
My questions are:
1. Do I need an unlock and/or hacktivation to get to no data plan on AT&T from my current state?
2. Will GPS work without a data plan? (I assume it won't if I do need an unlock as the iPad doesn't support GPS, right?)
3. Anything else that might not work? (Push notifications don't work on my current phone due to the JB, and YouTube required a little work to get running.)
4. I see there were some developments in JB right around xmas. Would it be wise to wait a bit longer and see how it all plays out?
Many thanks in advance for your expertise!
- 04-29-2012, 12:32 PM #118