Upgrading to 4.2 with Greenpois0n

totes magoats

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I am currently jailbroken with GP(4.1) and I believe that my SHSH Blobs are saved as there is an "SHSH: 4.1, ... " on the top of my Cydia. Am I safe to upgrade to 4.2? I realize that GP is not yet available for 4.2 but Id rather upgrade my OS and wait for it to come out. Haven't done this before so I am a bit skeptical. Where can I find the process instructions to upgrading my OS whilst jailbroken? Thank you

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I am currently jailbroken with GP(4.1) and I believe that my SHSH Blobs are saved as there is an "SHSH: 4.1, ... " on the top of my Cydia. Am I safe to upgrade to 4.2? I realize that GP is not yet available for 4.2 but Id rather upgrade my OS and wait for it to come out. Haven't done this before so I am a bit skeptical. Where can I find the process instructions to upgrading my OS whilst jailbroken? Thank you

If you dont care about Unlocking, then yes go ahead. Just upgrade as normal. JB has no affect on the process. Just remember that you will have to repeat the entire process when JB is released. Its easier just waiting.

Reactions: totes magoats

litchblade#IM

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So, I got a jailbroken iPhone 4 with limera1n, although I don't need something like an unlock because my iPhone is unlocked. Nevertheless I use the functions of an jailbreaked iPhone...

So what happens now if I Update to 4.2 although my iPhone is jailbroken? What happens to the Apps Ive downloaded with Cydia etc.?

Sorry for the newbish questions

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
You guys please read my FAQ. Its pretty simple. Just wait for new tools to be updated and it will be MUCH easier.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yep, why this insane need for 4.2? There's hardly anything in it worth having over all the functionality a jb gives you. Wait for an easy jb to come out first.